First 3rd gen ram, what are my options ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie Baird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so I just bought my first 3rd gen ram. I’ve had 2 2nd gems before. One Cummins. One 5.2 gas and didn’t really like either of them, honestly I’ve mever liked dodges until now. Long story short i needed a crew cab to fit a car seat, and I found this one for a crazy price and it checked out good so I bought it. $3500 for a 2007 ram sport 4x4 with less than 140k on it. The truck rides and drives great, the hemi has plenty power, really solid and I actually like the truck a lot. My question is what are some common mods, interior and exterior I can do. Are there any parts from 4th or 5th gens I can use to make the truck look nicer inside or out etc. thanks in advance

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My question is what are some common mods, interior and exterior I can do. Are there any parts from 4th or 5th gens I can use to make the truck look nicer inside or out etc. thanks in advance

Seats are retrofittable, as are the wheels. If you're interested in rims I have a set 4th gen chrome clad wheels. Otherwise not really anything else.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Putting in a 4th gen jump seat has been done to get some nicer cup holders. As lone star said 4th gen Seats are an awesome upgrade. Seats and Such on Facebook parts out complete ram interiors and has some nice stuff to get new seats from. A 4th gen full floor console is another upgrade that takes alittle work but is pretty cool. I’ve got 4th gen black express wheels on my 03, I love them.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

didn't know this.

Are 4th Gen seats a direct bolt in?

Front and Backs?

Anyone have pictures?

Thanks

Alex

Seats are retrofittable, as are the wheels. If you're interested in rims I have a set 4th gen chrome clad wheels. Otherwise not really anything else.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi,

didn't know this.

Front and Backs?

Anyone have pictures?

Thanks

Alex

I know there's at least one on here, I haven't done it yet. Fronts bolt in physically but the rears require a little modification. Have to sort the front seat wiring to make them work right.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi,

didn't know this.

Front and Backs?

Anyone have pictures?

Thanks

Alex

Just an example, this is an 04

100MEDIA95IMAG0688.jpg

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi

So Is this an example of a swap you did?

Was it just a bolt in?

Just wondering how the swap goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Haven't yet, will be this winter. Chrisp2493 has already done the console, check out some of his posts for pics.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi

I’ve read a number of posts on this subject and it looks pretty interesting.

I happen to have found a complete interior from a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie, all leather with heated and cooled seats.

I understand that the heated seat button on my 2006 Ram dash would be used to turn on the 2012 heated seats but how would the cooling feature be turned on?

Do I need to add a cooling button to the dash?

I understand I’ll have to figure a lot of this through trial and error but just checking.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9adfa15a.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi

I’ve read a number of posts on this subject and it looks pretty interesting.

I happen to have found a complete interior from a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie, all leather with heated and cooled seats.

I understand that the heated seat button on my 2006 Ram dash would be used to turn on the 2012 heated seats but how would the cooling feature be turned on?

Do I need to add a cooling button to the dash?

I understand I’ll have to figure a lot of this through trial and error but just checking.

You can use them, however there was no cooling feature used prior to the 4th gen so you would have to run wiring and a switch to activate it. Also keep in mind you'll probably need different actual plugs and have to repin the connectors to get your seats hooked up.