First Time Ram Owner Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all -

I went into the dealership looking for something I could afford. Trucks out here in the PNW are abused and hesitated buying used - especially when the loan on new is better... but I digress.

I walked into a dealership knowing what I could afford and tested out a Toyota Tacoma SR5, 2019. Had some nice technology as well as capable, at the minimum of what I want to tow with the v6.

Well, the salesman saw me coming, he walked me up to a 2019 Ram Classic, Warlock. It was priced $1,000 more than the Tacoma. A thousand more for a 5.7 Hemi, well more than capable for what I want to tow. The inside is more or less just bare bones but the outside... looks like a Rebel... and I fell in love.

I told the wife what I was about to do, she agreed - we needed a truck, we have spent so much money on getting freight from Home Depot for the new house that needs some updating. She didn't like it at first, until I put on some nerf bars - shes a shorty.

https://ibb.co/Jsvf74z

https://ibb.co/LtYBJP4

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Congratulations! Don't read too many threads here on the forum, or you'll catch the mod bug, and spend enough money to make your wife regret buying a truck. :)

I don't do Toyotas, but not because they are bad trucks. They are just boring to me. I like the Rams and Fords, I'd even buy a Titan before I bought a Toyota. But to each their own, and glad you made the jump to the dark side!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome and congrats on the new truck

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily!!
Nice truck

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You dodged a bullet not getting that Tacoma, no pun intended. When they went to the 3.5L engine they made it sluggish and it works poorly with the transmission they have now. We have a 4.0L 4Runner and I don't have any real complaints about it nor does the wife. It has more usable powerband for sure than the 3.5L. My buddy just bought one and even coming from a 4 cyl Accord he is pissed about the lack of throttle response and feeling of being low on power. The Hemi has a much more usable output. The Tacoma may last longer but who cares if you hate it on a daily basis?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Good lookin' truck, welcome!

OP
OP
sirguynate503

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't read too many threads here on the forum, or you'll catch the mod bug, and spend enough money to make your wife regret buying a truck.

A little too late for that... nerf boards, remote start, 7" antenna, tonneau cover... looking at upgraded to the bigger uconnect system, tow camera... maybe the instrument cluster. I am only willing to do plug and play at this point until the warranty runs out though, hopefully that will save me some money?

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I am only willing to do plug and play at this point until the warranty runs out though, hopefully that will save me some money?

Many times "plug and play" actually costs more! :) Good luck!

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wilkommen:) Good looking truck plus a V8 Hemi sounds like mission accomplished. Enjoy the Warlock