First Time Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Hi everyone. I just purchased my first Ram last week after my last 3 trucks were Fords. I wasn't in the market especially with these crazy prices and rates where they are. I was content with my 2014 F150 that I had since new with only 100k miles. But alas, I was rear-ended by a Denali HD that totaled my truck. I was looking at used ('21s) with 50k or less miles and everything I was finding was in the low to mid 40k range. My dad retired from Chrysler and my grandfather from ford, so I had always gotten employee pricing for both brands.
After seeing that Ram was offering rebates I found a Ram i liked and a price I couldnt pass up (not ideal, but given current market conditions) I hadnt drivin a RAM sins I test drove one in 2006 so I had no idea what i was in store for. Went to the dealer to look and take a test drive. About half way through the drive i told the sales guy it was enough. I loved it. Its nothing fancy. A 2023 Patriot Blue Bighorn with the 5.7Etorque. Has the 20" chrome wheels and the Alpine stereo. I was so impressed with the ride quality and how quiet it is. For a lower trim line, the interior is extremely nice. I like all the bells and whistles that these modern vehicles have, but usually I leave those for my wifes cars.
Going to take a little getting used to the dial gear selector even though my wifes car has one. The more I drive this the more I like it. THe stop start feature is the smoothest of any car or truck I have driven with it. It is almost seamless. Almost. A bit concerned with the etorque systems reliabily long term but I have had good luck with the cars and truks I have purchased so I hope it continues with this.
Overall I am very please in my first week of ownership and 500 miles.

I do have a question. Are the power side mirrors supposed to hit the windows when closing? Seems a bit odd.

Here is a pic of the beauty. Windows get tinted tomorrow.
53070815374_feae37b01e_k.jpg2023-07-25_10-30-48 by Josh G, on Flickr

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. I've owned F150s and a Silverado and the Ram is still my favorite by far. My current 2012 is our 5th one.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welcome! I too was a long time Ford owner until my 6.4 Powerstroke. I switched to a Ram after that and have now owned 3. 2012 2500, 2016 3500, and now a 2018 1500. They've all been really reliable and the interiors are hard to beat. I'm considering moving back up to a slightly larger truck because I need a bigger bed, but it will most definitely be another Ram.

Are you sure the side mirrors are actually hitting, or do they just sound like it? Mine make a substantial thunk when they're all the way closed but they don't touch. If you weren't paying close attention you could think they do though.