First time truck owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sansvie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all! I 'm a long time "big" vehicle owner (my dream car in high school was a minivan) who has been slowly moving towards a truck for years - 1996 Taurus to 2001 Windstar to 2010 Town and Country to 2007 Expedition. When my Expedition recently lost its TCM with no replacement for months or a year (or more?) out, I decided it was time to make the jump!

I'm now the proud owner of a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab Hemi 5.7. He's got the heavy-duty towing package which will come in handy for towing the trailer for a local robotics competition team. Of course, I've never towed anything in my life so that'll have to wait a bit. I still suck at parking and haven't quite sorted out the unfamiliar turning radius. But I figured out how to use the backup camera to know I'm all the way in a pull through parking space and how to fold in the windows at Sonic, so that's something! And I got a kick out of the few leaves blowing in the wind eddies as I drove home today.

I LOVE owning a truck and have already made use of the rugged interior to take a giant dog to the vet and will be using the open bed to haul wheels/tires to be swapped onto my kid's vehicle. This forum helped me make the decision to get this truck and I'm happy to be here!

Oops! Forgot to include a photo of the truck!

Side.png

Last edited:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:party36: :welcome::party36:I was raised in Houston Texas, left when I entered military service. I have a Kenwood nav unit in my truck that allows me to have forward and rear view cameras, which helps with parking my Quad Cab 1500. Good luck with your truck.

2.JPG

Roper46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 CTD
Welcome from south Georgia and congrats on your Ram.

20220816_181906.jpg

nhcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome, there is lots of useful information and people willing to give advice if you have any questions

I'm on my 3rd Ram, 1st I had a 2011 Tradesman 1500 Quad Cab, 2nd was a 2018 Bighorn 1500 Crew Cab, and now I have 2021 Tradesman 2500 Crew Cab. All have been great trucks.