Fixed ----> Now to what broken when I fixed it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavementprincess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Magnum
Hey all.

Long story short, my center dashboard area (as seen in the photo below) has broken apart after a repair.

s-l640.jpg

The entire area that holds the radio/ac knobs, and the two ac vents (both left and right) in the center of the dash have broken apart.

Where can i buy a replacement one, but DOUBLE DIN? The reason I'm looking for DOUBLE DIN, is because I thought it would be an ideal time to finally upgrade my radio to a touchscreen (one with Apple Car Play).

Where can I buy a replacement double din with the AC Vents attached?

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
I bought a replacement dash for my 2001 Ram from Geno's Garage, online. It was made in the USA and very nice. They might have what you want (I have no clue what "DOUBLE DIN" is).

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Use the search feature on gen 3 radio upgrades

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey all.

Long story short, my center dashboard area (as seen in the photo below) has broken apart after a repair.

s-l640.jpg

The entire area that holds the radio/ac knobs, and the two ac vents (both left and right) in the center of the dash have broken apart.

Where can i buy a replacement one, but DOUBLE DIN? The reason I'm looking for DOUBLE DIN, is because I thought it would be an ideal time to finally upgrade my radio to a touchscreen (one with Apple Car Play).

Do you already have a head unit picked out?

Back in the early 2000's when a customer wanted a Double DIN head unit I would take the center bezel like yours and disassemble it. I would remove the part of the bezel that the head unit fits in by grinding down the portion where the plastic has been melted/glued to remove it from the bezel. Then I would trim the radio hole to fit. Then I would sand the edges of the radio hole and primer the edges with a sandable filler primer and paint to match. If you take your time you will never know it was modified. Like my Dad says "it looks like it growed there"

Later on Metra and some other companies started making kits where you would remove the center radio bezel like I would and install one of theirs that was made with a Double DIN radio hole like this one...

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-w5oqx...DrC4Ksb7M1SzvSiJVxWZ9nD_T03tH9eYaAnbLEALw_wcB

Metra 2-DIN.jpg

OP
OP
pavementprincess

pavementprincess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Magnum
Do you already have a head unit picked out?

Back in the early 2000's when a customer wanted a Double DIN head unit I would take the center bezel like yours and disassemble it. I would remove the part of the bezel that the head unit fits in by grinding down the portion where the plastic has been melted/glued to remove it from the bezel. Then I would trim the radio hole to fit. Then I would sand the edges of the radio hole and primer the edges with a sandable filler primer and paint to match. If you take your time you will never know it was modified. Like my Dad says "it looks like it growed there"

Later on Metra and some other companies started making kits where you would remove the center radio bezel like I would and install one of theirs that was made with a Double DIN radio hole like this one...

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-w5oqx...DrC4Ksb7M1SzvSiJVxWZ9nD_T03tH9eYaAnbLEALw_wcB

View attachment 196715
Fast69Mopar yeah I have actually come across that (Metra specifically) while looking on the web. I wasnt sure i could dissasemble the entire center bezel like that, but if you've done it, it must be attainable.

Any luck on where I can buy a new center bezel (standard single din)? I've seen a few on ebay going from $100-$200 used. But I was hoping i could find an aftermarket one for cheaper

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Fast69Mopar yeah I have actually come across that (Metra specifically) while looking on the web. I wasnt sure i could dissasemble the entire center bezel like that, but if you've done it, it must be attainable.

Any luck on where I can buy a new center bezel (standard single din)? I've seen a few on ebay going from $100-$200 used. But I was hoping i could find an aftermarket one for cheaper
It's pretty easy to remove the center bezel from the entire panel. Take your time. I used my soldering iron to melt the plastic/glue to remove the bezel.

If you are looking for a single DIN bezel I don't thing anyone makes one. Just use the Metra Kit 99-6522 to install a single DIN head unit. It's much easier.

If you really want to go with a true Double DIN head unit I suggest the kit I linked in my first post.

If you are looking for a factory piece I have had great luck with my local salvage yards. I pick them up for about $45.00-$55.00 depending on their condition. The salvages yards here in Texas have trucks galore so they are everywhere.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all.

s-l640.jpg

I have one from my 2004 Ram with all the control knobs in it Pvt mail me if you need it cheap also have brand new headlights never on OEM and a set of used tail lights blower motor for heat with res