Flashing PCM to much can fry it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have flashed my PCM a bunch of times due to multiple trips to the dealership. I return to stock before I go of course. I have read mixed info about it causing problems if you flash to much with your tuner. I dont understand why this could fry your PCM. How many times have you guys loaded and unloaded tunes? Anyone have any issues yet?

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ive only done it a few times... but heres my way of thinking - if I fry it, then they cant tell how many times its been flashed lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have probably flashed my truck 50 times with no issues. Between weekly updates on the Bullydog and custom tuning with the DS, I feel like a flash pro. Don't think the number of flashes has anything to do with frying the ECU. I'm not really worried about the dealer finding out how often I flash the truck because I will never take it back to the dealer(over-priced hacks).