Obd2 canbus/communication error, security light flashing, truck still runs and drives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cl188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 gas with 06 cummins swap
Engine
2006 5.9 cummins
I have a 2004 dodge ram QCLB 4x4 that has been converted to a 6speed 5.9L cummins from a rolled doner 2006 diesel. The truck has been swapped since 2008/9

About 4 years ago the main ecm went out on the truckand finally got it back up and running back in March. (The truck had some electrical issues due to the typical tipm issues with the headlights and also has a battery drain.) Well after getting a new tipm installed, and programmed to the electronics vin, the truck has some new lights on the dash. The only working gauges are the volts and fuel gauge. All of em worked prior to parking. But not the end of the world I can shift without a tech and use an app on my phone for speedo. But it doesn't count like this. The main issue it developed is a canbus communication error when plugging anything into the obd2 port. I tried my edge monitor, my bully dog tuner, and a maximus scan tool at a local shop it would power it all on but couldn't do anything. So I pulled the trigger and sent in my tipm do get rebuilt. After receiving the tipm I've tried soft reset and hard reset and the speedo and obd2 are still not working as they should aswell as the security light is almost constantly flashing. I do have all working exterior lights now so that's a positive. I did get ahold of them and they said do the resets

But does anyone have any idea what this could be? To be clear the truck runs and drives perfectly fine, it's just a dog compared to it being tuned for towing and would really like it flashed back as it's a massive difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357