Floor mat complaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
This may be my biggest gripe about almost all vehicles. I have a gravel driveway and regularly park on bare ground or grass. Why do they make floor mats that do not cover the carpet on the door side? I can easily pull the mat take it inside and run the vacuum over it. The dog brush gets all the dirt off in about a minute. The hardest thing is bending over to pick the mat up! Then I have to find the portable vacuum, find an outlet, plug it in, and then it's a lot of work to get the dirt off the areas the mat didn't cover. Why not make the mat even an inch wider and a few inches taller?

What do you do differently to get the floor clean? I don't want to hear from those of you who don't care whether the floor is dirty or not. :) :) And I don't want rubber mats.

By the way, since I don't like the mats I still don't turn them off. (take them out)

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you don't have/want rubber mats, what other kind are there?

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
You'll always be disappointed until you switch to rubber mats. The heavy duty Mopar mats are the best ones I've ever had in any vehicle, period. They cover 99% of anywhere you'd have dirt/crap collecting. A quick vacuum beside the seats is all that's really required. I know this is a 4th gen but same thing applies

IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5963.JPG
IMG_5970.JPG

Rebel4Mo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought some Weathtech knock offs from Amazon for $120 that fit great.
Did not want to spend $200 plus for the Mopars or Weathertech.

Those Mopars do look good.

My buddy visited the Weathertech factory showroom.........no discounts!

OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
The pictures I see here show a gap between the mat and the plastic part toward the door. Carpet showing. Can't see how rubber mats will help. Rubber mats are for a truck, but mine is a Pickup truck. It tows and hauls when I need it, but it is for my enjoyment as a driver. :) :) Seriously rubber maps are OK, and I might go that way if the photos would have shown me they covered more carpet. Perhaps some do, I will look at advertisements. But even with rubber I want it easy to clean.

OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
Tulecreeper you wouldn't be taking your shoes off before getting into your pickup if you had as much arthritis as I do. I could get the left shoe on, but I doubt I could get the right shoe on before getting out of the truck. Different situations, different solutions.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Late to the show, sorry :).
I'm new to the site and a new Ram owner.
I have the Factory Rubber mats, which are wonderful. I have a muddy, gravel driveway. As a result lots of stuff on the floors, very easy to vacuum up the stuff. What the vacuum does not get; a wet towel gets the very fine dust. The mats cover about 99% of the floor carpet in all the seating areas of the truck. I am very pleased with these mats vs. the carpeted mats the upper-level trucks come with, in fact, if I was to order one of the higher-level trucks, I would go to the parts department and order these rubber mats and keep the fancy carpet mats in storage for when I sell the truck.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tulecreeper you wouldn't be taking your shoes off before getting into your pickup if you had as much arthritis as I do. I could get the left shoe on, but I doubt I could get the right shoe on before getting out of the truck. Different situations, different solutions.
I don't take my shoes off, that was 18CrewDually who said that. I just climb into my cab with my wet waders on. :cool: (sorry, I missed this post originally)

Last edited:

OEDRO Auto Parts

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
This may be my biggest gripe about almost all vehicles. I have a gravel driveway and regularly park on bare ground or grass. Why do they make floor mats that do not cover the carpet on the door side? I can easily pull the mat take it inside and run the vacuum over it. The dog brush gets all the dirt off in about a minute. The hardest thing is bending over to pick the mat up! Then I have to find the portable vacuum, find an outlet, plug it in, and then it's a lot of work to get the dirt off the areas the mat didn't cover. Why not make the mat even an inch wider and a few inches taller?

What do you do differently to get the floor clean? I don't want to hear from those of you who don't care whether the floor is dirty or not. :) :) And I don't want rubber mats.

By the way, since I don't like the mats I still don't turn them off. (take them out)

This year I bought floor mats from OEDRO for my 2019 Ram Classic double cab, and they fit perfectly. The mats are made of TPE, which feels harder than rubber and isn't slippery. They stay in place without sliding around. I look forward to taking them out and simply power-washing them in the spring!

EO1001W008-1.pngEO1001W008-2.png

Last edited: