Forgive my ignornace, lift height.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLPetersen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I won't pretend I'm mechanical in any way. I've owned trucks forever, and never considered lifting until now. My knowledge is zero, so treat me as such.

If I were considering, as an example, a ReadyLIFT 3.5" SST for my 2019 Big Horn 1500 4x4 (3.5 front/2 rear) and I go from the default 32.1 tires to 35.

Does this lift the truck 3.5 (kit) + 1.5 (tires) for ~5" lift?

Last edited:

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say you are in the ballpark. Maybe more like 4.5" total since 35's rarely ever measure exactly 35".

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...ReadyLIFT 3.5" SST ...3.5 front/2 rear...

Does this lift the truck 3.5 (kit) + 1.5 (tires) for ~5" lift?

3.5" front and 2" rear is an average of 2.75".

If your "35s" are actually only 34.7, you are looking at more like 4" total lift.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would argue against that kit. Look into something like eibach lift springs and set them to 3.5” instead of lift spacers. Can be used in conjunction with bilstein 5100 struts or eibach adjustable struts to achieve the 3.5”. The rear spacers are fine or use lift springs or both if wanted. The front cv shafts and diff will be happier in the long run. Otherwise yes. My truck sits roughly 4” higher up front and 2” higher rear. I have eibach springs and bilstein 5100 all the way around. Front is set to 3” with a small 1/2” lift puck spacer from rough country over the struts to accommodate my heavy off-road bumper. Rear I received 1-1/4” from the eibach springs. Running 35s as well

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The Readylift kit would be a better option than going max height on the eibach apples to apples readylift wins because its providing the correcting upper control arm with their kit. Anything below the 3" mark the eibach kit steals the show and would be a better option. Everyone has different wants, needs and budgets I look at what works, bang for the buck, and future plans. I have the same conversation with all my clients. I own a suspension shop and a lot of people come in with messed up trucks which is usually lack of maintenance but we get our fair share of the exceeded limits, lift stacking, and I only did this because it was cheaper and my buddy used it and didn't have problems on his truck. Rams are know for their height variances so kits react differently.

Its always more expensive the 2nd time you do it.