Found this today what is it.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Below my headlight switch I removed the blank panel to find this what is this??image.jpg

raff18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019c
Engine
hemi 5.7
look in your owners manual !
you have the eight speed trans. what would happen if your electrical system some how was fried or battery was flat and....... well you would need to tow it right ? but u can't shift it ............ well you pop this cover off and pull the cable and omg its in neutral ........
sorry it just grinds me when people don't read owners manuals. loads of great info in there!

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you have the eight speed trans. what would happen if your electrical system some how was fried or battery was flat and....... well you would need to tow it right ? but u can't shift it ............ well you pop this cover off and pull the cable and omg its in neutral ........
sorry it just grinds me when people don't read owners manuals. loads of great info in there!

You really think everyone has time to go through the owner's manual? There are people that buy used trucks and don't even have one. No need to make others feel dumb.

BTW thank you for the info, I didn't know what it was for either.

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Busy doesn't = excuse for lazy....

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow guys he just asked for a little info no need for the harsh comments, that's how you get people to never come back to a good forum.

ABSOLUTELY!

OR, what if I, "MrRam Know it All" saw another Dodge / Ram truck stranded on the side of the road and tried to help? Something I often do for many folks out here in desolate, harsh environmental conditions. Stranded people do not last long, if unprepared (most tourists aren't) in 115 Deg or 15 Deg temps.

If I pull up and did not know of this little trick on a new truck, because I own a 2500 or other model a few years earlier or later. Then what?

Sure would be nice for people to share, to those who do not possess, nor would not have a good reason to read another model's (despite how similar looking, yet incredibly different mechanically) Owners Manual cover to cover.

Let people learn. That is why we are hear. Encourage it. The sharing of these little nuggets is what makes us special, and useful should that need ever arise.

That is why I read, enjoy looking at other member's photos, questions, comments and all that good stuff.

Lighten the Phock Up!

I, for one, appreciate that the OP took the time to ask [here] and that most gave solid, useful responses.

Carry On... :favorites13:

Last edited:

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
.......you are right!! Let people learn (just some harder than others I guess.) Effort vs reward :)

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Are you kidding me? Your how old again! The man was asking a legitimate question. Show some respect maggot!!!!
I read my owners manual all the way through and i didn't know what it was! I don't have a photographic memory. I'm glad i can go over seas and fight for your freedom of speech just so you can abuse the privileged on a computer where you know there's no repercussions for your actions. Sorry, it just grinds me when people don't show some fckn respect for one another. :patriot:

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How dare you ask a question on a forum!!!!!

Burn him with fire and **** on his ashes!

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
Has he pulled it yet?

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm lazy because I didn't read my car owner's manual in its entirety? Good one 'bro'.

no but people should at least skim it and read the important parts. i'm not gonna jump on anyone for asking a question but honestly it's pretty irresponsible to just ignore the manual when it contains a lot of important information

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no but people should at least skim it and read the important parts. i'm not gonna jump on anyone for asking a question but honestly it's pretty irresponsible to just ignore the manual when it contains a lot of important information

Ok bud, good point.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has anyone here actually pulled it? i keep wanting to and the manual makes it sound easy to reset but i have my doubts

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

With those keyboard warrior skills it's easy to say you were the one picked on in high school, picked last in gym class? No need to be a ********* as a matter of fact my truck was bought new off the lot and I don't even have an owners manual. Insted I got a disc to put in my computer but there was no mention of this in there. Try to act civil in the forums and not let the memories of the atomic wedgies get to you.