Found this video (Ready Lift vs Rough Country)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it's been floating around. Someone posted it for me when I said I ordered my Rough Country lift, and I switched to Readylift after watching it.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very big difference, kind of crazy really. Especially the difference in the spacers. I went with the Readylift leveling kit with control arms. Very glad I did after this. I'll be upgrading to the full 3.5" lift soon.

OP
OP
jrmitt808

jrmitt808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I am a huge BDS fan as well but they don’t have a kit yet for the 2019. I am definitely going with the ReadyLift leveling kit till BDS comes out with a 4”.

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After seeing this I will definitely go Ready Lift when I get the 19 or 20 Limited Ram.
He has a pretty good channel. He had a viral post on a foam cannon that you can buy off of Amazon super cheap. I bought one and it works awesome. Same one that detailers sell for 100 bucks. I subscribed to his channel after that.
His green Ram is pretty nice too

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
After seeing this I will definitely go Ready Lift when I get the 19 or 20 Limited Ram.
He has a pretty good channel. He had a viral post on a foam cannon that you can buy off of Amazon super cheap. I bought one and it works awesome. Same one that detailers sell for 100 bucks. I subscribed to his channel after that.
His green Ram is pretty nice too

So the expert from the first video has now backtracked and says the RC kits are "well up to date, precisely robot welded (fear the robots!), more exact, and there's nothing ever to worry about anymore"... his words, except for fearing the robots. Those are my words and you should head them.

I personally have used RC on four different trucks and never had a problem. I understand they are a cheaper (less expensive) kit and there certainly has to be a reason they are cheaper so there's that..... I have no doubt that BDS and Readylift kits are of a higher quality, but then I guess you have to weigh what you're willing to spend vs how much you fear the components failing. On my old GMC, Nissan hardbody, Titan and Ram 2500 (somewhat beaters with heaters) I didn't have a ton of money invested in the truck and I wasn't worried about it so much. That being said, I am buying a spanking new EcoDiesel here in a few days and I'll probably spend the few extra bucks on a higher quality kit for it.

That guy from youtube either was full of ****, is now full of ****, or RC sent a couple guys in black suits to his house to change his mind for him (maybe they sent those precise robots he talked about?)..... It could happen.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure most people with Rough Country kits will never have any issue. However, there is a clear difference in quality when looking st them side by side and the Readylift is beefier. Also, the rear spacer on the Readylift kit is clearly bigger than the Rough Country. Many people with the Rough Country kit have claimed the rear end sits too low afterwards and are having to get a larger spacer or the springs from the offroad package.

I am looking at the Rough Country 6" lift but not sure I want to go quite that big so I am not trying to bash them.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I hear you. I'm pretty sure the Rough Country he was using was a leveling lift (3" front x 1" rear) and the other was a full lift 3x3. But sure, I agree. The Readylift is definitely beefier. Here's another youtuber that gives a real world take.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear you. I'm pretty sure the Rough Country he was using was a leveling lift (3" front x 1" rear) and the other was a full lift 3x3. But sure, I agree. The Readylift is definitely beefier. Here's another youtuber that gives a real world take.

It was the 3.5" front 2" rear kit from both companies. You can tell even judging by the pictures from their website that the Readylift rear spacer is bigger.