Fox shocks for upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’ve been looking at getting some fox 2.0 for my 2500 6.7. What are y’all’s experiences with there shocks do they help smooth out the ride? Are there other preferred shocks?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fox shocks are good but I don't think they are what they used to be as far as longevity. I've seen a lot of reports of them leaking prematurely over the past couple of years.

With that said, don't expect a huge difference by just changing shocks, they only control dampening and rebound so without going to a softer spring in conjunction with those you are not changing much in the way the truck will feel.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
as stated above i have heard a number of people blowing the seals within very low miles. i had one go at about 1000miles. there is a noticeable difference over stock but it depends on what your doing with the truck. I would invest in Thuren or Carli active sway bar first. This will show more improvement on ride quality. If you change the shocks i would suggest changing the front springs to Thuren or carli as well. doing those 3 things will make your truck ride completely different.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely look into Thuren ir Carli and given that you have a 2500 diesel I would look into the larger shock body as it’ll hold up to the weight a lot better. More expensive but well worth it and are rebuildable cheaply.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ICON is another good option. Also if you want to improve your ride swapping out the coil springs would help a lot too. Message me if you would like to discuss options and pricing.

Big things to know would be how you use the truck primarily. Street only? Off road? tow and how heavy if so? etc....Also do you have a budget you want to stay within. You let us know that info, we can get you setup!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ICON is another good option. Also if you want to improve your ride swapping out the coil springs would help a lot too. Message me if you would like to discuss options and pricing.

Big things to know would be how you use the truck primarily. Street only? Off road? tow and how heavy if so? etc....Also do you have a budget you want to stay within. You let us know that info, we can get you setup!
I like my ICON’s so far…I have the 1.5’s for the JT’s installed. Taller than the 1500 coils. $100 cheaper too.