Front Driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pullinair

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have a new to me 2010 Ram 2500 Big Horn edition. I'm in the process of going through everything - changing fluids etc. I'm about to grease the front driveshaft but can't turn it by hand. I thought I had read that I should be able to, but then I read that the 4wd system changed in 2014.

Does anyone have any knowledge on whether the front driveshaft should spin freely when in park, 2h and everything off?

Thanks!

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you jack the front wheels off the ground it should spin. The front driveshaft is always connected to the front hubs as far as I know.

OP
OP
pullinair

pullinair

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Ok, I've been reading and watching video's (I know, I know) and they all say that they can turn their front driveshaft by hand when in park, 2h and everything off. I'm pretty sure they were on newer (2014+) rams though. I wanted to make sure. I'll jack the front of the truck up this weekend and check it out.

Thanks!

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had both a 2010 and now a 2015. My 2010 did not have the center axle disconnect so I could not turn the driveshaft by hand unless I jacked up one wheel. My 2015 does have the CAD so I can turn the shaft with both wheels on the ground.

Good luck with your new truck.