Front grill/brush guard ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Smacked a deer about 3 weeks ago with my truck 8,000 miles on the OD.Did about $7,000 in damage.Looking to buy a front grill/brush guard.I have looked at the Luverne prowler max & westin HDX models both in stainless since I live in the rust belt.Not interested in a replacement bumper.I know the grill guard is not the best option but better than the stock bumper.Your thoughts??

Twagg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recommend a thunderstruck grille guard if you can get one where you are! Super strong and very light compared to some. They use square tubing turned a quarter turn so that the corners are facing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twagg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
c9e7a10009625b2996c06760954e9577.jpg3652a1da8fc7d1d970ab4ff396e6333d.jpg

Here are our 3 company pickups (2-2016 and 1-2015)

jarred

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I recommend a thunderstruck grille guard if you can get one where you are! Super strong and very light compared to some. They use square tubing turned a quarter turn so that the corners are facing out.

Were you able to keep your tow hooks on the front with this brand? Any affect to the valance?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Honestly even with a bumper gaurd you’re still going to get damage that’ll need repaired. They will hit the quarter panel, and I’ve seen the light and grille still get broke. IMO a grill guard is just a guarantee that you won’t lose your radiator and will be able to drive still. Now full bumper will work and hold up much better. I live in hill country tx and deer are Everywhere. My wife has smacked 2 and I’m still rolling strong. I threw a cheap used one on. Waiting for the deer to do damage then I’ll go full replacement

A53B60F0-D04B-4414-8FD6-8CF129078728.jpeg

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Honestly even with a bumper gaurd you’re still going to get damage that’ll need repaired. They will hit the quarter panel, and I’ve seen the light and grille still get broke. IMO a grill guard is just a guarantee that you won’t lose your radiator and will be able to drive still. Now full bumper will work and hold up much better. I live in hill country tx and deer are Everywhere. My wife has smacked 2 and I’m still rolling strong. I threw a cheap used one on. Waiting for the deer to do damage then I’ll go full replacement

View attachment 137988

What is the name/number of that brush gaurd please?

Blanked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 6.4
Engine
Funny how truck owners are the ones justifying hitting deer. Car owners dont

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hit two deer with my old 1500. On this one, I put a Ranch Hand on it and haven't touched a deer since. I guess it works as a deterrent!

I know that a deer will probably push it in, but I hope to be able to drive after hitting one. If it is an elk, I will start looking for a new truck. ;)

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I hit two deer with my old 1500. On this one, I put a Ranch Hand on it and haven't touched a deer since. I guess it works as a deterrent!

I know that a deer will probably push it in, but I hope to be able to drive after hitting one. If it is an elk, I will start looking for a new truck. ;)
Thats it. I just want to drive away lol. Nothing worse than a little buck punching a hole in your radiator at 11:00 at night in middle of nowhere.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ranch hand has a pretty good following and some good “ After pictures “ uploaded by customers who got into acidents. If you like one of their styles I would recommend them. Tons and tons of aftermarket bumpers out there, from thin pre runner, to thick Prius killers.. just depends on what you want.
I am drawn to their rear bumpers since they have a built in step like the FabFour rear bumpers.

https://www.ranchhand.com/blog/testimonials/

Last edited:

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a Ranch Hand full bumper and grill guard... Was in an 80 mph wreck about a year ago... One slight dent on the lower passenger side... Search my posts for a pic, I think I uploaded it... Honda Civic was wracked from the headlight to the taillight... Totaled it...

******** millennial should have put his phone down instead of texting while driving... Trying to cut off an 8000 pound truck with a 2000 pound Civic at 80 mph wasn't exactly a bright idea either...

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a Ranch Hand full bumper and grill guard... Was in an 80 mph wreck about a year ago... One slight dent on the lower passenger side... Search my posts for a pic, I think I uploaded it... Honda Civic was wracked from the headlight to the taillight... Totaled it...

******** millennial should have put his phone down instead of texting while driving... Trying to cut off an 8000 pound truck with a 2000 pound Civic at 80 mph wasn't exactly a bright idea either...

similar situation for me. a kid in a civic just NEEDED to be 1 more car ahead in a 2 lane off ramp. completely cut me off. ruled he was at fault. he bent up my bumper mean while his fender and door were crushed in. felt bad for the kid who was shaking but unhurt, so I told USAA to close the claim with estimate of $2000 for my truck. 2 weeks later, he files a personal injury claim hoping to get some $$ out of me. very bizarre move considering he was already determined to be at fault. so USAA went to arbitration. Made him pay the $2000 that I originally said never mind to. Justice.....

anyway, was looking at the AEV bumper but they no longer are made and there's no grill protection.

the ARB is also nice but leaves the winch a bit exposed. still leaning towards it though.

arb.jpg

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Funny how truck owners are the ones justifying hitting deer. Car owners dont
I'm shopping for a Dodge Pursuit, specifically so I can put a full brush guard on it. I've smacked more deer than groundhogs here in western PA. Most with the big steel bumper on my Rebel, so no damage, but one of them did $7k damage to my Challenger. If one were to jump a little, I'd catch it in the grille of the RAM, and that would do some damage. As soon as I find a bolt-on for the Rebel that doesn't involve cutting holes in the bumper, Ima gonna git one.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think for better protection, a HD bumper is the way to go in lieu of a just a grill guard. I had a UTE aluminum bumper/bull bar on my 95. I wish they were still available.

NM Photos 036.jpg

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As soon as I find a bolt-on for the Rebel that doesn't involve cutting holes in the bumper, Ima gonna git one.

Do that and let me know what you get...I'd like something similar for my Reb, too!

TXCOMT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990