Front hub life span

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric1976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just replaced drivers side front wheel bearing at 160,000 miles. Mostly highway driving, but conservatively. However, I do have a good habit for going down bad, rural roads ‍♂️
I’ve replaced a wheel bearing on just about every vehicle I’ve owned. Once the humming got louder on any of those vehicles I replace it.
Due to certain circumstances this time I wasn’t able to replace it quickly enough. Drove on it for about 500 miles. Humming then turned to squeaking......squeaking turned into bad squeaking, (quickly)........Got out of the vehicle and smoke was coming from the wheel area.........let it cool down to see if I could limp it any further and I could hear and feel bits of metal flying around. Oh, and the rotor was tilted and the brake pad scored a non significant groove in the rotor. Had it towed to the nearest dealership and covered under the lifetime warranty I purchased.
Just letting y’all know from recent firsthand experience what will happen to your truck if you don’t replace the wheel bearing/hub as soon as possible

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On my 2003 2500, replaced left front at 80,000 miles, right at 95, left again (warranty) at 115.