Front passenger turn signal comes on when braking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roscoe2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. I've had it for a few years. I recently noticed that when I hit the brakes the front passenger Amber turn light comes on solid with the brake lights. Then I noticed that the brake lights only come on when you have the key in the ignition. Has anyone had any issue like this? Is it a ground issue? Is it a towing package issue? I really haven't done anything to mod the truck over the years. Just some weird new gremlin.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Corrosion in the Power Distribution Center would be my stab in the dark.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Ok, where to look first?
You may want to wait to see if someone posts with experience with this issue or cautions. This area can cause ouchies or death. Disconnect battery and research safety steps.
You can let the magic smoke out of the electrical components that run your truck by shorting, bending or breaking wires, or with many other actions. Magic smoke can make fire. Proceed with care.

Look at the top first, look for signs of rust, corrosion, or water near the fuses and relays. You could pull the trailer light fuses at this point if you wanted. If that works the wiring issue could be this unit, the connections to it on the bottom, or somewhere in the wiring harness to the trailer connector. You can visually inspect the harnesses from the back of the truck forward.

If your brave there are four clips to unhook so you can look at the bottom to let you examine the connectors and cables at then bottom. In addition to signs of rust, corrosion, or water you can look for loose wires or connectors.

Random youtube video of guy replacing the entire thing that may help visualize how things connect to it -

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca