Just found this site could use some help 2004 ram 4.7 rwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the truck for a year or 2 but front end started popping while turning the wheel been busy so put it off engine blew last year got it replaced and they ziptied everything instead of wiring correctly looked like a crackhead was under it but now i fixed all that but damn all bushings ball joints are almost metal on metal iv never seen one so bad me and my daughter did sway bar links today cant find torque specs but i need any good ideas to do lower/upper control arms, ball joints and tie rods or cheap places i drive approx 50miles a day and not good on suspension im a motor guy was getting 9.8 mpg now 12.8 at 280k miles but single dad and cancer patient getting my daughter good on this truck so she can work on it herself like i used to any help would be awesome off a couple days a week to work on it so any fast job ideas would help sorry to drag on iv got tools and a good know how around a wrench last dakota 1990 lived to 700k but wrecked it

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Depending on where you live I would say rust is going to be your biggest pita a lot of stores will lend specialized tools but they can’t lend knowledge but that’s what YouTube is for

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Good luck on your truck and with your illness for someone who is in the same situation

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Kids truck needs new brake lines and he doesn’t have a clue

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The upper are usually pretty cheap complete. Lowers a lil more & need a spring compressor . Once either are replaced don’t fully tighten the bushings unless it’s on the ground with full vehicle weight on the suspension . If you tighten all in the air , when you sit it on the ground it can rip all the new bushings. And get alignment ASAP. You may have to shop around a lil. As I’ve found some parts local that were priced better than online. I found one dealer that was cheaper for some parts. Than online or parts store. ( was a lil shocked) . Dealer had best price. RA probably has some at reasonable $$. Price the lower bushings & ball joints. Compared to complete lower. Complete is a lil easier. Car parts has decent price as well.

OP
OP
Eray

Eray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the upper arms and both lower and upper all joints just waiting to get my buddy to help did the front wheel bearings today was gonna do the control arms and tie rods tmrw but got work now so will be put off for another week rear end has some grinding sounds like brake drag or wheel bearing i hope not cause gotta drive all week arlington and back thought it was the front but its alot quieter though all need changed i bet sitting at about 250k and fixed power steering pressure hose was ruptured thought it was rack and pinion so far so good just beat i wish i had a lift or a garage at least lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome. I had an 04 1500 that I replaced the front suspension. One of the easiest I've ever done.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Welcome to the group and Pictures of your truck are a must :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat