Fuel injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 ho
08 ram 4.7l is getting new heads so I pulled everything off the old heads. Truck has 200k and was sitting for 3 years. Bought for cheap due to dropped valve so no clue how it ran before. My question is can these injectors be cleaned, or should they be replaced due to miles? Not sure if these are prone to injector problems or not. Was considering reman gb injectors from rock auto but didn’t want to drop $300 if I don’t have too. Thanks for the help.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did this this weekend. During my rebuild i noticed that everyone of my injectors gad a small hairline crack on them. I bought the 19.99 kit on face book where you can clean them at home with a battery and some carb cleaner and it worked. But the i just could not get passed the small crack and it almost cost me a truck and my shop. I got the ones from rock auto they have a new design for the 4.7 with a larger opening and a screen relocation. just pay the 300 bucks and be dome. Use the pay-pal pay in four plan. Its a lot easier on the wallet

OP
OP
R

RamRod302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 ho
Thanks! Yeah I ended up finding a deal on some remanufactured ones on eBay for $160. They have good reviews and ratings from other similar buyers so I figured I’d give them a shot. Also getting them out was quite the challenge.