Fuel Sensor Failure light off and on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirborneFIST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 Dodge Ram 4WD gasoline 5.7 Hemi. "Fuel Sensor failure" light came on and the tank registered as empty, despite having just filled up the tank. I was on a long trip and it was sporadic.

After the trip was over, it was constantly on and eventually the check engine light also came on. Knowing I should take it in, I ignored it for a couple of weeks. As I was going down the highway it died on me. It didn't feel as if it was running out of gas, but if I was suddenly loosing power. Just getting back into town, I didn't have a good mechanic lined up so I made the decision to tow it to the dealership. They couldn't even look at it for 4-5 days.

Started doing some research and seems that the fuel sensor is part of the fuel pump. Called my dealer in Arizona for pricing(they said all Dodge dealerships are the same throughout the states). They wanted $525 for the fuel pump (2 year warranty) and $420 labor. Called around and found one for around $299 and one for $350both with lifetime warranties. Decided to get it as far away from the dealer as possible. Very disappointed.

Questioned I second guessed myself and poured a can of gas in the tank. It fired up. I took it in to autozone and the check engine light code showed I need a fuel pump. I disconnected the negative battery cable to reset the light. It stayed off for about a day. i once again had my "fuel sensor failure light" come on and my check engine light. I since have had the tires rotated and some other codes with ABS are coming on.

Any suggestions would be helpful?? Do I need to replace the fuel pump?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio