fueling issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfrank2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 big horn
Engine
I cant put more than a half gallon of gas in the truck with out the pump kicking off like its full it has done this at 3 different stations so it not the pumps it just started iv had the truck a year 2019 longhorn package any takers

DKONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep same problem here it’s a pain!! Haven’t taken it in yet. Sorry I’m no help.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Just guessing it's something to do with the anti-syphon flap not working right. I've had mine click off early a couple of times in more than a year and a half. Once it was pumping like a commercial diesel pump. The other I just had to re-aim the nozzle.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Mine is horrible... takes 20 minutes at least to fill up mine... have tried to get the dealership to take a look at it but they never have a day to do such a diagnostic for my complaint according to them ....

I don't know what else to do

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had this problem in the past, the issue has been discussed on other posts in the forum. What I have done to at least reduce filling time and the shut off issues is to just put the nozzle in half way into the filler hose and not run full blast, lock the nozzle handle in the first position. Have not had an issue in over a month. Could still be a design issue with the new filler styles but I don't have the time to do the dealer visit.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have had this problem in the past, the issue has been discussed on other posts in the forum. What I have done to at least reduce filling time and the shut off issues is to just put the nozzle in half way into the filler hose and not run full blast, lock the nozzle handle in the first position. Have not had an issue in over a month. Could still be a design issue with the new filler styles but I don't have the time to do the dealer visit.

Yes I have seen every thread and post about this issue, but with mine your suggestion doesn't work either ...

MTRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try a different dealership? Try Ram Cares, I see them here on this site offering to help with things. I will be ordering a truck soon and hopefully doesn't have this issue.