FYI - Low gas disable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI, when the gas is at ¼ tank, the remote start will not work. Happened to me this morning. I forget exact message on the dash, but I remember it something like “low gas, disable remote start.”

jdavila99999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes
Mine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 12 is like this also.

OP
OP
H

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess they carried it over to the 5th gens.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Because stupid people will remote start their truck with less than a 1/4 tank and let it idle until empty? The engineers on vehicles these days must think we're all idiots. Can't back up with the door open, because you might crush yourself between the door and a tree....wait that actually happened. But it's okay to have a massive 12" distractovision screen in your line of site while driving. Some ignoramus on another forum was actually asking how to play movies on his UConnect to make his commute more enjoyable. Sad part, is that someone's figured out how to do it.

OP
OP
H

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Honda I had, has a 10min idle for the remote start. Then it would shut off. I would rather idle for 10mins then not start at all. I see both manufactures are making it idiot proof.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It isn’t 1/4 of the tank... mine works fine under 1/4 of a tank. It is when the gas light is on that it’ll cancel remote start.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually it is the low fuel light on the dash that causes the issue. Almost any light on the dash will cause this issue.
Not sure what the truck does, but my 300 would start, run for about 15sec then shut off.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because stupid people will remote start their truck with less than a 1/4 tank and let it idle until empty? The engineers on vehicles these days must think we're all idiots. Can't back up with the door open, because you might crush yourself between the door and a tree....wait that actually happened. But it's okay to have a massive 12" distractovision screen in your line of site while driving. Some ignoramus on another forum was actually asking how to play movies on his UConnect to make his commute more enjoyable. Sad part, is that someone's figured out how to do it.

Link to said thread? Not that I want to watch movies but I want to integrate cameras and curious what they did.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve taken notice to this as I am a perpetual low tanker if that is such a thing ;). I work for myself out of my home so my “big” trips during the week is 2 miles to Wawa for coffee so filling up is never a priority.

Anyways, it appears that the low gas light will come on when you have 50 miles of travel in the tank which is dependent on your currant average MPG. Any time it falls under 50, remote starting while possible, will shut off in just a minute.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Updade:
In my truck, low fuel light comes on at DTE of 50
Remote start works, but only runs for 10-15 seconds and shuts off.