Gas tank swap and upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanemd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I started my gas tank change today. Some things I learned. The little plastic clips on all the fuel line disconnects break. No matter how gentle you are. There is a blue fitting on top of the tank that connects to the fuel pump. On the 26 gal tank this fitting is right next to the fuel pump. On the 32 gallon tank the fitting is all the way at the front of the tank. Need a longer hose.

OP
OP
K

Kanemd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went by the dealer today to ask about getting the gas tank quantity in the body module changed. They say there is no option to do that.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went by the dealer today to ask about getting the gas tank quantity in the body module changed. They say there is no option to do that.
Um, I suspect they may be mistaken. My BCM has a setting for the tank capacity (my tank is the 20 something stock tank) in VehConfig 3: Fuel Capacity (36-290L): 98.000 Liters.

Perhaps that changed in the '18, but kind of doubt it, since the larger tank was an option.

OP
OP
K

Kanemd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Um, I suspect they may be mistaken. My BCM has a setting for the tank capacity (my tank is the 20 something stock tank) in VehConfig 3: Fuel Capacity (36-290L): 98.000 Liters.

Perhaps that changed in the '18, but kind of doubt it, since the larger tank was an option.
I took this info and went to a different dealer. They didn’t make any promises but they’re going to have their guy hook up to it tomorrow and see what can be done.

OP
OP
K

Kanemd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Waiting for the dealer to get a “sales code” from Stelantis.