Gauge cluster light up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easygoin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got in the truck today, a 2011, 1500, 5.7 with 112,000 miles. I just pulled up to a red light about a quarter mile from home and every warning light on the dash lit up. The truck was still running fine. By the time the light change they had all gone out. They came back on for a very short time after crossing the intersection. I drove it for about 15 miles with 2 stops and no more drama. Can anyone she'd some light on this?

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check for corrosion in connectors to ECM, had the same thing happen to mine a couple of years ago. Water or moisture will run down cabling to ECM. They had to reroute the cables and had to replace ECM as they couldn't clean contacts in ECM. Good Luck

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have your battery load tested , also check for any codes that may be present.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like DAK2 said, this sounds like either a loose connection, or corrosion.

OP
OP
E

Easygoin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll check for codes later today and double check the battery connections. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
E

Easygoin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There were no codes thrown. I also checked the battery and it appears OK even under load. It is fairly new. I haven't wrenched on a vehicle for years so I'm not sure what the
ECM is or where it is. Guess I need to do some research.

Thanks all

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ECM/ECU is located under hood passenger side on firewall three cables connected to it.