Geno's Garage Cabin Air Filter Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txvet33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I installed a Geno's Garage cabin air filter kit in my 2016 RAM Crew Cab. It cost $30 and 35 minutes to cut the door. Easy peasy. If anyone is interested. Have a great week.

jdGeno's Cabin Air Filter RAM.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Been looking at that myself. Genos is a good place to deal with. What tool did you use to it the opening ? Tks

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I didn't use the Geno's kit because you can buy the door and a better filter separately for $10 less. To cut in the door, I used a standard, fixed blade utility knife with the blade heated a bit with a torch. Took me all of 5 minutes with the hot knife reheating once.

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't use the Geno's kit because you can buy the door and a better filter separately for $10 less. To cut in the door, I used a standard, fixed blade utility knife with the blade heated a bit with a torch. Took me all of 5 minutes with the hot knife reheating once.
The hot blade is the key to an easy job.

bpm413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where did you buy the door and filter from?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
GENO's is the most popular here , But you can get the door at your dealer or E bay. They even have a kit on E Bay so you have several choices ! FYI if you have the cable that prevents the glove box from dropping fast get a string and tie it to the cable then tie off, Easier then trying to dig the cable out after it fully retracts ! also several videos on You Tube and also on here

bpm413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, checked behind glove box and theres already a cabin door there. 2016 Big Horn. Pull it off and NO filter. That is ridiculous! How effing cheap can they be!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well, checked behind glove box and there already a cabin door there. 2016 Big Horn. Pull it off and NO filter. That is ridiculous! How effing cheap can they be!
I have heard that before :O The bean counters cut cost any way they could :O.Talk about cheap lol Good thing is all you need is the CAF . Wait till you change it and see the crud :O

bpm413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even more ridiculous is that they know its gonna get dirty in there, so they create a space for a filter, put a door there, and NO filter. That's unbelievable.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Used Genos for the cabin air filter too On a Laramie truck they put the filter door but no filter on the inside you believe that **** a 56,000 dollar truck and they don't put a 5 dollar filter in it ********. So now I have a extra door for the filter

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I found the hot blade knife to take way too long. I used a dremel tool and kept a vacuum next to the tool to suck up the loose plastic while I moved the dremel along.