Get Def delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcolper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2014 3500HD with egr/def delete and I guess “tuned”
Since I purchased at an auction I have very little history of it.
How can I figure out what “tune” it has if any.
Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If any of the emissions system parts have "fallen off" the truck then it definitely has been tuned. Without knowing the history there's no good way of finding out who's tune is in the ECM.
The EPA has been cracking down on diesel tuners so most have gone into hiding or are no longer in business.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If any of the emissions system parts have "fallen off" the truck then it definitely has been tuned. Without knowing the history there's no good way of finding out who's tune is in the ECM.
The EPA has been cracking down on diesel tuners so most have gone into hiding or are no longer in business.
Is a properly tuned diesel really that bad from an economy/environment standpoint?

I don't mean the arsehats that "roll coal" anytime they tap the gas. Had one of those in town over the weekend. Slammed, spread, tuned, rolled coal because he got past 2500 RPM... I couldn't see my hood for about 2s.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There really isn't a good way to find out what or who tuned it. Even if you did it wouldn't do you much good.

Most likely whoever tuned it is no longer in business any way.