Got about 1/2 a quart too much oil in it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kossuth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did an oil change and usually creep up on it but for whatever reason got carried away. I have a small hand pump and tried to pump it out though the dipstick but can’t seem to get down to the pan. Anyplace else to get easy access? Hate the idea of pulling the plug. Not gonna work out the way I want it too most likely.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Change the filter again. That'll get you closer to where you want to be.

Does it burn any oil between changes? If so, I wouldn't sweat it much like @crash68 said.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, just forget about it.

Honestly, I don't initially worry about the oil level anyway. Capacity is 7qt, put 7qt in and it is what it is.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, just forget about it.

Honestly, I don't initially worry about the oil level anyway. Capacity is 7qt, put 7qt in and it is what it is.
On a older Hemi, 1/2 over OK, just do not get carried away. Next oil change, pay a lil more attention. If it bothers U that much, you can:

1) Change oil filter out and lose some oil
2) Loosen drain plug and do the drain a lil bit out very slowly routine.

ADDED: On my 2006 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing, monster problem as it has a PCV check valve with a drain hose and even 1/4 quart over is a monster issue, but on an Hemi, and an older, nah U be OK. But again, if U not happy with Internet Guessnosis stuff, see #1 or #2 above. Because in the end, your ride, your wallet.