TCW3 (2 Stroke Oil) in Gasoline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dont have a scope, but I can pull the 4-wheeler, generator, and a jeep plug to see how they look. Those three engines have had that mixture in the tank for a good long while.
You can pick up cheap borescope camera's with a 5.5 mm head on amazon,by no stretch are they professional quality,but they work okay for a home mechanic.Here's a cheap one for 50 bucks.If you have a bigger budget you can get better ones,but this one will do most jobs a home mechanic will need it for. You want one with a 5.5 mm head or smaller,so it'll fit in a spark plug hole

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
You can pick up cheap borescope camera's with a 5.5 mm head on amazon,by no stretch are they professional quality,but they work okay for a home mechanic.Here's a cheap one for 50 bucks.If you have a bigger budget you can get better ones,but this one will do most jobs a home mechanic will need it for. You want one with a 5.5 mm head or smaller,so it'll fit in a spark plug hole

Perfect!

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im interested in the wizards' opinions around here if this still an accepted practice. I recently got my first 6.4L and have found out that the engine is very different than the 5.7Ls im familiar with.

Im a true believer in using TCW3, 1oz. / 5gal. ratio, in small engines. I found that using that same ratio in my 5.7L was a bit too rich and went down to 1oz. / 6gal. and that made the ratio perfect.

Ive been using this additive for many years now with great success. I can go months on end with fuel being in my jeep, mower, 4-wheelers, generator, etc... and have never had an issue with the engines starting immediately and running great.

Id like to know your thoughts on this.
Also, would the additive raise or lower the octane rating? My 6.4L calls for 87 octane. If TCW3 lowers my octane I would purchase 89 to offset that. If it raises the octane I would maybe dilute the ratio further to try and stay at 87.

Any Google search of, TCW3 in Gasoline, will bring numerous articles discussing this practice.

Thanks for the advice, you wizards of truck life blood.
Do you have a modern day version of a Saab two stroke in there? Why do that? Get a real fuel system additive and use as recommended. Stabil and StarTron are two manufacturers off the top that have products that stabliize fuel and assist in maintaining a clean fuel delivery system. You can afford to buy them if you intend to keep driving that fine vehicle. You’re doing a disservice to your modern truck with this snake oil thing.

Last edited:

Brrielly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2 stroke in your gas at that ratio wont hurt anything but quite frankly it's not going to help either. It keeps outboard engines relatively clean at somewhere around a 50:1 ratio but when diluted that much any benefit would most likely be gone. I tried this years ago in an older jeep and found it wasn't worth the effort.

lobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 c.i.
Im interested in the wizards' opinions around here if this still an accepted practice. I recently got my first 6.4L and have found out that the engine is very different than the 5.7Ls im familiar with.

Im a true believer in using TCW3, 1oz. / 5gal. ratio, in small engines. I found that using that same ratio in my 5.7L was a bit too rich and went down to 1oz. / 6gal. and that made the ratio perfect.

Ive been using this additive for many years now with great success. I can go months on end with fuel being in my jeep, mower, 4-wheelers, generator, etc... and have never had an issue with the engines starting immediately and running great.

Id like to know your thoughts on this.
Also, would the additive raise or lower the octane rating? My 6.4L calls for 87 octane. If TCW3 lowers my octane I would purchase 89 to offset that. If it raises the octane I would maybe dilute the ratio further to try and stay at 87.

Any Google search of, TCW3 in Gasoline, will bring numerous articles discussing this practice.

Thanks for the advice, you wizards of truck life blood.
A little kerosene will stabilize gas

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't put anything in my gasoline other than more gasoline. My car doesn't move in the winter at all, it just sits on a battery tender, from early November until mid-March or so. Zero issues, ever. Gas from the prior year in the lawn mower, 4 stroke weedeater, etc. No issues. I was overseas for 2 years without stepping foot back in the states. My Jeep started and drove with no issue at all with the same gas it has in it when I left.

Gasoline is not milk. It does not spoil as quickly as some people think.

Have you seen any concerns about lack of lubrication causing issues in the fueling system of high milage 6.4L motors? Your vehicle was designed for the level of lubricity already available to it.

IMO, you are addressing a problem that largely doesn't exist for your truck. If you had an older diesel designed around sulfur rich diesel, and were forced to use modern ULSD then an additive would likely be beneficial to the long term health of the vehicle. A modern gas engine using modern gas? The evidence you don't need it is on the road with you every day.
I run TCW-3 in my 1998 C 3500 with the 6.5TD. I use the two stroke oil to replace the lubricity lost on the current ULSD formula. I know they say the new formula is backwards compatible, but the lack of sulfur, I believe, was the major reason why the fuel injection pump was going through seals. I don’t see a need for this added lubricity for a gasoline engine.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357