Government trying to hunt me down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Well since im a straight dude. If one of my friends is tracking me, we fixin to have a whole lotta problems.

Rofl

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These days you never know.

A friend that acts straight might not be.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
You seem to be very interested.. u tracking me brah? Lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Then I looked at the part of the app where this thing HAS TRACKED. AND STORED EVERY STOP I HAVE MADE SINCE BUYING THE TRUCK.

Not cool... I dont mean it just said I've been at work, or home. It has clocked every. Single. Time I stop at work, or home. Or wherever.
Something like this that stores everything could come back to bite someone in the rear of they were in a questionable accident. Sorta like having a dashcam, something you don't want known if you have even a shred of doubt you could be at fault

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Something like this that stores everything could come back to bite someone in the rear of they were in a questionable accident. Sorta like having a dashcam, something you don't want known if you have even a shred of doubt you could be at fault

Yeah, only one of the reasons I refuse those trackers for insurance discounts. If those guys watched me I wouldn’t GET a discount LOL.

And who knows what amount of data the factory black box recorder stores any more. We as owners certainly don’t, but the cops can tap into your vehicle and retrieve it. In a rational world that crap would have an off switch and an erase button for your use. We’re just the pilot any more, the damn state owns the vehicle the way they treat you.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Exactly. It also tracks your average, and maximum speeds!

Which is how the insurance gets you

Bearhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This dealership had this installed on my truck as a “value added service” They also told me that it was used to track their inventory as it was a very large dealership and sometimes hard to find vehicles. I turned it down because Uconnect does basically the same thing As far as monitoring systems and tracking the vehicle in case of theft. I turned it down and asked that they remove it. But now I’m wondering if I should go look and see if the unit is still installed.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Isn't this also for emergency response services, if you pay for that? I'll leave it there. I'd rather they find me if I'm in trouble, thanks. I don't cause any trouble either, so not worried.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Isn't this also for emergency response services, if you pay for that? I'll leave it there. I'd rather they find me if I'm in trouble, thanks. I don't cause any trouble either, so not worried.
Yes it is. I just dont like the fact it tracks. AND STORES every location you have been to. Everytime you go there. I consider that an invasion of my privacy.

But. To each their own. This thread isnt about anyone in particular. Just trying to show people what is being done. And what they can do about it

cyco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi e torq 5.7
that looks like a tracker that used car dealers put on cars so they can find it if you miss payments they will contact you if you disconnect it

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I think he meant thats what they look like as well. They are similar.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
that looks like a tracker that used car dealers put on cars so they can find it if you miss payments they will contact you if you disconnect it
welcome to the forum sir! See this is your first post, we welcome ya.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I had a tracking device similar to yours that was linked to the OBD port for power in my 3rd gen. A history report told me it was formerly a fleet vehicle. I owned the truck for two years before I found it stashed behind a trim panel

Dang thing was still turned on too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Copple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Red is power, black is ground, white is ignition sense and the green is usually connected to a ignition disable module. If the module is installed you must find where they spliced it into the ignition wire and reconnect the wire together where theY cut it to install the module (it is installed inline) Then you can simply unplug it or trace the wires and remove them completely.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
If it was just for inventory tracking, they wouldn't hide it, nor would they let you leave with it.

Last edited: