Government trying to hunt me down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
That's an odd place for her hand to be in a Christmas picture...

christmasvaca13034-jpg.207283

It's time you watch the movie again...lol

And yes... said no man, ever, in the history of ever...

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Right, but in the Christmas picture? :happy175:
Meh. Why not?

I went to visit some of my wifes family. Never met them, probably wont see em again... we took one picture, and it looks like my arm is over her shoulder grabbin a boob. Only picture they have of us hahaha. Wife hates it. We had to get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Meh. Why not?

I went to visit some of my wifes family. Never met them, probably wont see em again... we took one picture, and it looks like my arm is over her shoulder grabbin a boob. Only picture they have of us hahaha. Wife hates it. We had to get rid of it.

Lol. Looks like

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Lee I do believe it is wise to determine what it is and what it is for. Here are some of the possible reasons it is on your truck.
* Truck had major repairs and the repairs were financed. Miss a payment and the device disables the start function.
* As stated, this was a fleet vehicle and it is a monitoring device for tracking.
* Vehicle was previously financed by a hard muscle fiance company. can disable the start function remotely.
I would want a qualified auto tech to trace and research the device. Frankly as said by others, I doubt that it will shut your truck down at this point. But,,,,I would want it off now. Fitz

Kingzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this Kahu option on my recently purchased 4th gen. It was an option that came with my purchase from the dealership. Its marketed as a security feature that allows you to track your truck and set alerts for it in case you have a someone else driving it. I was given a free year of service with the option to pay for additional time after it expires. The dealership gave me a code that I use to register. I have access to the Kahu application where I can get real time info on the location of the truck, locations its been parked at, or quick reporting to the police is stolen. I would definitely suggest reaching out to the dealership if they never gave you info on how to access the application.

Also Allstate considered this a security device and I received a discount.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I have this Kahu option on my recently purchased 4th gen. It was an option that came with my purchase from the dealership. Its marketed as a security feature that allows you to track your truck and set alerts for it in case you have a someone else driving it. I was given a free year of service with the option to pay for additional time after it expires. The dealership gave me a code that I use to register. I have access to the Kahu application where I can get real time info on the location of the truck, locations its been parked at, or quick reporting to the police is stolen. I would definitely suggest reaching out to the dealership if they never gave you info on how to access the application.

Also Allstate considered this a security device and I received a discount.
Yes I am aware how they market it, and I have used the app.

Tracking for stolen vehicle, fine. Set a geo fence around my house. Fine.

Then I looked at the part of the app where this thing HAS TRACKED. AND STORED EVERY STOP I HAVE MADE SINCE BUYING THE TRUCK.

Not cool... I dont mean it just said I've been at work, or home. It has clocked every. Single. Time I stop at work, or home. Or wherever.

Not exactly what I had in mind ya know?

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
That would annoy me to no end. As far as I am concerned, the dealer damaged the factory wiring harness, and they should replace it, whatever harness(es) it was that they ties into. You don't want the green monster to leave you stranded in BFE a year after the warranty is up. Maybe after a few thousand dollars in repairs, they will rethink their policy.

Kingzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I am aware how they market it, and I have used the app.

Tracking for stolen vehicle, fine. Set a geo fence around my house. Fine.

Then I looked at the part of the app where this thing HAS TRACKED. AND STORED EVERY STOP I HAVE MADE SINCE BUYING THE TRUCK.

Not cool... I dont mean it just said I've been at work, or home. It has clocked every. Single. Time I stop at work, or home. Or wherever.

Not exactly what I had in mind ya know?

Fully agree, it tracks everything on the it which is kind of excessive. Even shows you if the battery levels are low. Just weird that it wasn't advised before purchase, would assume you could have denied the service and had it removed. The dealership I got my truck showed me the app before and and allowed me to mess around with it to decide if I wanted the service.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I did a little digging on the FCC ID on the device.

This is manufactured by Spireon out of Knoxville, Tn this is a GPS Tracking device.

I'd rip it out and find out who installed it.

This is the link to the documents related to the FCC application for the device.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=7kJxh1L5YjzdMRWB7/Wmzw==&fcc_id=O9YJKS3

The last link is the user manual that contains the installation guide and if followed backwards, uninstallation guide.

JKS3-OET.png

This is the installation schematic.

JKS3 Device.png

There are different models of this device based on the frequency it communicates over - 23 of them. You can find the frequency of your device on the placard you have in the pic but it's hidden behind what's in the way.

This link has all 23 of the frequency devices listed - https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearchResult.cfm?RequestTimeout=500

Happy reading...

Last edited:

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Just pull the fuse that is in the little black box!

And for trackning: ask Google and they know alot about you from your phone. And other apps is listening on your conversations, like Facebook.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Looks like if you disconnect power, it won't start, snip the two wires going to the relay from the start circuit and wire nut them together and off you go

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
As borat would say.. great success!!

So I read the above manual. And it mentions a relay. Couldn't find that. But what I did find interesting is that the tracker simply plugged into an obd2 adapter, into the oem obd2 port. But it had it's own obd2 connector that you would plug a scan tool into... hmmm.

Anyway. No splicing of ANY wires with my tracker. Simply unplugged everything, and installed the oem obd2 port into the factory spot in the kick panel.

Attached is a picture of the whole kit that was in my truck, thank god it was plug and play. So no hack fuckery of the oem harness.[emoji12].

Not today communists!

Oh and the clearance of my truck in the garage was just hilarious!648c59a6e58fbb371a3b1425ad009a74.jpgf199b226307e1baf4690cc78636e1e15.jpg

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Mine clears the door by a gnat's nut hair but doesn't fit in the garage as it's 3/4" too long. The trim molding around the door to the laundry room is just thick enough the tow hooks are in the path of the overhead door. I told my wife I could trim a 6" section allowing the bumper to clear but she wasn't having it.

I have bikes and other gear suspended from the ceiling on the other side, my work bench and tools are in the way so it's a hassle to move all that. I might get a wild hair and deal with it this weekend.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Mine clears the door by a gnat's nut hair but doesn't fit in the garage as it's 3/4" too long. The trim molding around the door to the laundry room is just thick enough the tow hooks are in the path of the overhead door. I told my wife I could trim a 6" section allowing the bumper to clear but she wasn't having it.

I have bikes and other gear suspended from the ceiling on the other side, my work bench and tools are in the way so it's a hassle to move all that. I might get a wild hair and deal with it this weekend.
Aww man. Mine would never fit in length ways lol. I just wanted to be out of the sun. Already 90 degrees down here

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I will give this a shot when I leave work at 5. See what happens... if anything.

I picture squad cars and swat teams repelling from helicopters! Haha

How do you know it isn't your boyfriend tracking you??????????????????????

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Aww man. Mine would never fit in length ways lol. I just wanted to be out of the sun. Already 90 degrees down here

When we built the house, we paid to have the garage built 3’ deeper for my tools, equipment, etc... now it’s a challenge.