Government trying to hunt me down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
tryO.K. I have nor read all the posts,. What the hell is this , Aftermarket gps or a new truck, factory installed?
O.K. I just see post 81 and see what is going on.
In some parts of this country, I can see where the tracking would be a good idea, to find you truck when the little pot head punks steel it. Mind you ,I don't know how a new truch can be stolen , if you take the stupid fob out????????????
As far as the dealer ship wanting to know where my truck is, They can go FTS"s
I suppose they will sell to damn near anyone these days, so may have to take it back.
If you really want things go haywire, just try to write a cheque for the full amount

Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got an email for this stupid kahu tracking thing. Apparantly im all set up! Lol.

So I found this thing in my truck. Thankfully looks like they did a decent job, and only zip tied it.

Question. How can I safely remove this thing without messing anything up? Is it really just as simple as unplugging the damn thing?e91a1613812a9496cf1a0b18f08af4cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking you bought the truck used or from a place that tracks vehicles in the event you default on payments so they can find the vehicle to repossess it. As a shop owner, I've had repo teams show up at my shop to repo a customer's car that found the vehicle by tracking device like that.... but they have been run off at gunpoint.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Big brother is watching. but it's not government. It is for profit business seeking and edge to obtain your money.

Some of you might want to read your finance and insurance policies. Remember all those papers we signed at the dealership to purchase the truck? Who read them before signing? What do they say about disabling recording equipment?

How about the disparagement clause in the paperwork? It's in the same area as the arbitrator agreement. Posting about a bad experience in online forums is grounds for a civil suit. The government create more laws protecting corporations, while also passing more laws removing individual human rights.

I just want my truck to run for 15 years. Or until my death, and then I do not care.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
RAM was over 0% interest for 7 years financing through FCA credit. Dad was all over that saying "why, that is free money!" So he was thinking about a $40k truck. I talked him out of it and found super clean 2018 big horn that was everything he wanted for half the price. I'm going to go check under the dash and see if I see a tracker. You never know.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
It just looks like power, ground, a switched wire and an antennae. Cut the red wire and RUN! :happy175:

C'mon man! Haven't you ever seen a spy movie?! Never, ever, cut the red wire! (or was it the green wire?)

medicineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, Cut the red wire. Then locate the antenna wire and cut it. Then you should have 3 wires. Use a volt ohm meter to locate the ground, in case it isn't black. Which ever colors of the two remain connect them together, restoring the ignition. Job Done.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Keep these responses coming guys, I love em! Hahaha It was just zip tied to a bar under the steering wheel.

P.s. I didnt sign anything that said this thing MUST remain operational when I signed the paperwork. So I dont give a ****. It's coming out! Lol

This device is part of your financing contract with whichever company provided you with the loan for the truck. It is so they can recover the truck if you fail to make payments.

Big brother is watching you along with more than 2 million subcontractors working for the NSA (thank you George Bush) and the CIA (thank you Harry Truman). If you use Facebook or Windows 10 or Alexa or Siri then you are making it very easy to have all that you are doing tracked.

And unfortunately the law enforcement people who get this data are often very stupid individuals with no one managing them. That is why a family can have their home broken into in the middle of the night by a dozen armed stormtroopers in full battle gear and using flash grenades when the some clown decides that the people are a threat. After the misnamed Patriot Act was passed we lost the protections of the Bill of Rights and now live in a police state.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Wow. A lot of people just blabbing anything that comes to mind.

I purchased this truck brand new, from a dedicated Ram/jeep/Chrysler dealership. 2020 model. 30 miles on the truck

I have great credit.

Nowhere does it state in my contract I MUST have this thing installed.

I already removed the device without cutting anything (READ THREAD).

So yeah.. you can chill out with the assumptions. Cuz we all know what happens when we assume.....

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So stop going to them ********** places so the wife can trust you a little more at night...lol. you can catch alot more than covid19 there.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
welcome to the forum sir! See this is your first post, we welcome ya.
Nice to see some here that is like this, and cares, I am a old guy as well and more than once some young ,or not so young smart ass has almost made me want to just bugger off. BTW when I opened this post , I was already on page 4, some some of are late already

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it ain't this device then it's your wife's roomba robot calculating the layout of your floor plan and beaming that back to the Stasi office.

Back in the Good ole days, the SWAT would do a typical army four-man stack, bust your door down, you'd get to take down number 1 guy, number two guy would trip over him and you'd miss that shot, and either numbers 3 or 4 would get ya bit they would be stumbling over your end tables and standing lamps on thier way in.

Nowadays with Roomba they can make a layout of your floorplan, build a mockup on a warehouse somewhere, practice a billion times before taking you out, memorize 'go left, five steps, bookcase, three steps, turn right ascend thirteen steps, turn right...'
All on the dark and by rote memorization. All that before even pulling up to your house.

You'll not get a one of em anymore nowadays...
Not fair.

It's the rommba that'll do you in when Big Brother comes for you, not your fleet tracker on your truck.
Some of us just use a old manual vac yet, I think things could be getting out of hand now, Gee I think I will have to start digging into my, and getting too old for this crap.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
The dealer we bought my wife’s Honda Pilot from pushed Kahu pretty hard and we declined their offer. I checked Thursday and found it was still installed - vampire tapped into the headlight wiring and grounded with a sheet metal screw into the dash frame. Shoddy install to say the least.

Anyway, it’s been uninstalled and got a call from the dealer today asking probing questions but not coming right out and asking if anything happened and to check on scheduling service for an upcoming oil change. Coincidence, maybe but odd timing to say the least.

View attachment 207750
They damaged the wiring harness and the sheetmetal doing unauthorized work. Tell them to fix their mess the right way.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
They damaged the wiring harness and the sheetmetal doing unauthorized work. Tell them to fix their mess the right way.

These are installed when the dealer receives the vehicles so that’s not a route to take. I’ve since fixed the wiring and all’s good.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
These are installed when the dealer receives the vehicles so that’s not a route to take. I’ve since fixed the wiring and all’s good.
Just incredibly not a fan of messed with wiring. Were I buying a new vehicle and found spliced wiring, I would flip my lid. Electrical problems are bad enough when everything is done correctly. You have no idea how many hours of my life has been dedicated to fixing wiring problems, and that is in no way my job

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gave up reading after page 6, anybody suggest simply pulling the fuse to see how diagnostic it is about disabling the vehicle before more wires get cut?

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Gave up reading after page 6, anybody suggest simply pulling the fuse to see how diagnostic it is about disabling the vehicle before more wires get cut?
Whole thing simply plugged into the factory obd2 port. I removed everything from the truck