great sound exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingon88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi everyone , If you are looking to get a great sound with your Hemi exhaust all you have to do is cut out muffler add straight pipe. That's what I did and I couldn't be more pleased.. Only cost me $120. Met a few who spent close to or over 2,000 and they liked way mine sounded over theirs

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But isn't that awful loud, though? I know a lot of the younger crowd likes that straight-pipe sound and I actually did at one point but the only thing I drove that was straight-piped was an old 96 Dakota and then later on a 98 half-ton Ram that had pretty much the same 5.2L V8 as the Dak and even to my surprise, I had several people ask me what I had for an exhaust and the look on their face was pretty priceless when I told them it was just a pice of pipe. But then again, that little 318 did sound good and didn't sound all obnoxious as some other trucks I've heard straight-piped with bigger motors.

OP
OP
livingon88

livingon88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you would think so but no - the resonators act as a partial muffler keeping it from getting super loud and keeps it from all the crackle and popping -- sounds great

OP
OP
livingon88

livingon88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm like you - like sound but not obnoxious loud . Its gives a real good sound that doesn't keep you from hearing radio or talking on phone through truck

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I didn’t realize you didn’t mention anything about deleting your resonators as well but being that there’s still people who think the Carven Progressive muffler is a little on the loud side which would make the Carven Competitor even louder because it’s a shorter version on the Progressive; the Carven delete kit might just be too loud for some. I have the Progressive and it’s about perfect so I guess it’s al just a matter of opinion and what you feel is or isn’t too loud.