H7 headlight bulb to 2007 harness adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought some aftermarket headlights for my 2004. Original bulbs are 2007 and the non LED bulbs that come with it are too. I want to put in H7 LED bulbs. So it looks like three wire on truck to the two wire bulb. Has anybody done this? Is it simply making a harness or buying the right pieces to connect them together?

Hoping someone has already done this. I haven't found an adapter for this.

Are the 2005, 2006 and 2007 using the same connector? I think I've seen those to H7.

ramman95

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 6'4" Bed
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4
What type of aftermarket headlights did you purchase? Are they projector or reflector?
Also, I think you meant 9007 bulbs, because that's what your OEM bulb is. That being said, a H7 bulb will not fit in or work in place of a 9007. They do not share the same base and the H7 is a single filament bulb (Hi or Low Beam) vs the 9007 is dual filament bulb (Hi and Low Beam combined).

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
What type of aftermarket headlights did you purchase? Are they projector or reflector?
Also, I think you meant 9007 bulbs, because that's what your OEM bulb is. That being said, a H7 bulb will not fit in or work in place of a 9007. They do not share the same base and the H7 is a single filament bulb (Hi or Low Beam) vs the 9007 is dual filament bulb (Hi and Low Beam combined).
Hence the three wire on the truck. My 05 uses 9007 (HB5) dual filament. Even though you're putting in LED you still have to use the right part number bulb. I swapped out every bulb on my truck with LED and love them. If you do the turn signals and brakes you'll have to install resistors. Lots of knowledge online about this stuff. Good luck