Hail sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I live out in Colorado and this year has been a real B- - -H when it comes to the hail storms!!!

My poor truck got caught late at night in a nasty hail-storm back in May and I was extremely lucky to get it into the shop within a few weeks to get $4700 worth of hail damage removed.

After this -- I was on the lookout for a decent hail-cover for it as I live in a town-home complex and no garage to put it in (sadly! :shrug:).

I ended up with one from The Car Armor. This thing is L.E.G.I.T. ! I have been through 2-3 hail storms with it so far and it works phenomenal!

Just thought I'd post up to let others get a peek in case they were on the fence... (and NO, they are NOT cheap).

Here it is on my truck:

70913812691__06CFE348-FDA5-47A6-B89A-4FC8FAA99282.jpeg

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those guys need to fix their completely **** website too. Can't even tell what the product is from the link you sent.

Glad it works though, hail sucks!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those guys need to fix their completely **** website too. Can't even tell what the product is from the link you sent.

Glad it works though, hail sucks!

Yes, navigation on that site seems to work purely by luck. I figured out a suitable cover for my truck was $530 + $200 shipping but it was quite a surprise to figure out how.

IIRC, hit the home link and then purchase. This brings up a selection menu to choose your truck. LOL

There's also a very impressive demo video where this dude hurls huge rocks at a car protected by a cover.

The video was equally difficult to launch. Yes, a hopeless website that will likely be abandoned far more than it's used to successfully purchase product.

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, navigation on that site seems to work purely by luck. I figured out a suitable cover for my truck was $530 + $200 shipping but it was quite a surprise to figure out how.

IIRC, hit the home link and then purchase. This brings up a selection menu to choose your truck. LOL

Had to look around a bit but I found it. I think its a good idea! Had one hail storm my truck was stuck in and I was just hoping my truck would be okay, such a horrible feeling

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had to look around a bit but I found it. I think its a good idea! Had one hail storm my truck was stuck in and I was just hoping my truck would be okay, such a horrible feeling

Like I said, the demo video was quite awe inspiring. The guy fires softball sized rocks at the windows protected by a cover and then pulls it off to show zero impact.

A buddy parks his F150 outside and had about $6k in damages from hail about 8 years ago.

What's that in today's dollars, about $15K? :rolleyes:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably! Just got my insurance renewal for the year and it went up almost $300 over last year. Not happy!

Mine went up considerably when I upgraded from a Tundra to a Warlock.

And I'm somewhat annoyed that the insurance company that I've been with since the late 80s or early 90s, who won't give me any reductions for Sirius Guardian.

That should be worth at least the monthly subscription rate if it protects them from having to payout the value of my truck if stolen.

I'd only subscribe if it saved money on insurance.

It must be time to shop around again. I just fear that I won't be able to find the same price for house insurance because the values have rocketed up about 2.5 times what I paid 14 years ago.

And surprisingly the house insurance costs have only trickled up slightly.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine got tore up back in early 17. It got hit hard. I had to replace the hood and I had 60 dents removed. I was shocked they didn't total it. I have made sure it stays in the garage.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '16 Rebel got hammered by hail in May also, but I'm in north Texas. We've had numerous bad hail storms this year.....much more than normal (I've been here 35+ years). The Rebel is in the shop right now getting fixed.....$7k in damages ($1k is for the rear tonneau cover). Luckily my windshield and sunroof survived. Can't say the same for many of my neighbors....most windshields/rear hatch glass didn't survive.