Hard time finding '19, Laramie, 6'4" bed, 40/20/40 bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggiect01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I'm looking to trade my 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie blacked out Megacab 4x4 6.4 hemi for a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the 6 ft 4 bed and bench seat in front. The longer beds are very difficult to find at least in Texas and only about half of the Laramies have split bench seat. I want to be able to accomidate 6 people when needed because I have a family of 5 and sometimes need to bring a friend or grandparent along. It sucks having a huge megacab that can only fit 5 people. These trucks have a ton of options but a lot only come on certain models. No bench offered with Longhorn, Limited, or Sport App Pkg. I really like the monotone look but not if it means sacrificing the bench seat. Also most dealers near me don't order trucks with 3.92 rear. I really don't want to order a truck because the dealers can't promise to guarantee my trade in value or what the rebates will be at the time of delivery.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to trade my 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie blacked out Megacab 4x4 6.4 hemi for a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the 6 ft 4 bed and bench seat in front. The longer beds are very difficult to find at least in Texas and only about half of the Laramies have split bench seat. I want to be able to accomidate 6 people when needed because I have a family of 5 and sometimes need to bring a friend or grandparent along. It sucks having a huge megacab that can only fit 5 people. These trucks have a ton of options but a lot only come on certain models. No bench offered with Longhorn, Limited, or Sport App Pkg. I really like the monotone look but not if it means sacrificing the bench seat. Also most dealers near me don't order trucks with 3.92 rear. I really don't want to order a truck because the dealers can't promise to guarantee my trade in value or what the rebates will be at the time of delivery.

Might have to consider travelling to find the perfect one. For my last two trucks I wanted regular cab sports with 3.92's. Had to travel 5-6 hours for both of them, but it was worth it.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I wanted about what you do and found the same thing. I ordered it 7/2 it was built 7/30 and I am still waiting for it to get to the dealer.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
That bench seat is hard to find in the upper trim levels, and 3.21 gears, what gives? No dealer around here has any 3.92 gears, and that's a deal breaker

OP
OP
A

Aggiect01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I had the same problem finding my 2012 F150 FX4 with the longer bed and my last 2014 Ram 1500 Limited 6' 4" bed. I was told it is because they don't fit in many garages. I came from a 2008 Superduty 8 ft bed and don't want a 5' 5" bed that is cut in half with a tool box. My dealer (Autonation) has been looking for a month and I have checked most every dealer within 250 miles. A good trade value is also a major factor in the deal. I've been offered between $38-41k for my truck.

OP
OP
A

Aggiect01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I wanted about what you do and found the same thing. I ordered it 7/2 it was built 7/30 and I am still waiting for it to get to the dealer.
How did the order process work? Did you also have a trade?

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd suggest ordering if they dont have exactly what you want. I feel spoiled after receiving my ordered Bighorn. From now on I'll be hard pressed to take something off the lot unless its precisely right.

I had a trade and negotiated it after settling the order. Have a list ready if your dealer will order and get a few quotes to make sure you get the best price.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The one I ordered finally arrived this last week. I love the truck but will say that the 40/20/40 bench seat in the new 2019 only has about 1/2 the storage space that the pre 2019 bench seats had.