Hauling Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliBigMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello! I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD with the Cummins Diesel.
I’ve been looking online to find it’s hauling capacity, but all I’ve found so far is it’s towing capacity. I have a pallet and a half of wine that I need to pick up and transport about 200 miles. It weighs about 4,000 Lbs.
I know that the steel, rear fold flat floor was rated at 850 Lbs, but I don’t recall seeing a weight rating for the truck. I have the quad cab 8’ bed and the truck is a 2wd. I need to know if the truck can safely haul that weight, or if I need to get a trailer for this run. Thank you for your input.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Trailer. Not sure what your payload is but even todays 2500 diesels are only about 2200lbs. Yours may be a little higher but not 4000lbs

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hello! I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD with the Cummins Diesel.
I’ve been looking online to find it’s hauling capacity, but all I’ve found so far is it’s towing capacity. I have a pallet and a half of wine that I need to pick up and transport about 200 miles. It weighs about 4,000 Lbs.
I know that the steel, rear fold flat floor was rated at 850 Lbs, but I don’t recall seeing a weight rating for the truck. I have the quad cab 8’ bed and the truck is a 2wd. I need to know if the truck can safely haul that weight, or if I need to get a trailer for this run. Thank you for your input.
Probably less than 3K

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Get a trailer and tow it. You likely won’t have the payload.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The information is on the tag in the door jam that has the vehicle VIN, it will list the GVWR along with the GAWR(s) for the front and rear. The axle ratings are the ones you really don't want to go over, figure there's at about 2K lbs on the rear axle already. Find a semi truck CAT scale to verify the weights.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure about that load but if you need to lighten it.....PM me....I love wine.

Welcome aboard.