Have a question about shift points on my Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brudster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure how or where I would look for this answer (not sure anyone else will relate) so here it goes. I have (just bought it) a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad with a 5.7 Hemi. I love this truck . . . Seems it is a 5 speed auto with OD (hope that is correct) and while 90% of the time, I am completely satisfied with all the shift points, when I get on the highway (55 speed limit) it want to shift into OD and seems to lug (my word for low RPM in high gear) too much and is always downshifting with a slight touch of the gas. I realize I can use the +/- shift switch and hold it in 5th . . . but seems like there should be a way to adjust the shift points with maybe an aftermarket tuner. It kinda bothers me . . . but not a big deal. I was wondering if anyone else has this minor issue or has a comment on it. Any information or comments are appreciated. Thanks . . .

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that to be normal operation for the six speed

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I changed my rear gear ratio from 3.55 to 4.56 and it is an entirely different truck. Shifts a lot faster ,and still get over 18 mpg on winter blend, goes up 1 to 2 with summer mix