have front leveling kit....how do I get the rake back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is there a spacer for the rear of the truck I can get? I just want to lift up the back a couple inches or even 3" if possible to get that forward down rake back...but keep the truck up a few inches. Anyone?

also. do I ONLY need some kind of spacers for the back? or will I need to change anything else as well?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can use either new springs such as icons or tufftruck springs, top gun customs makes rear spacers and im sure many more do too, new longer shocks would be recommended to regain the lost shock extension travel

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I put 1.5" spacers on top of my rear coils when I had it leveled. I have a 1" rake now

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
+1 on getting new springs. Much easier to do.

henryhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spacers work fine, bilsteins at 2.8, 1.5" poly spacers rear

Attachments

• 2015-08-27 16.27.22.jpg
    2015-08-27 16.27.22.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 147

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the point of a level to get rid of the rake?? That is why I want to level mine.

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I have 1.5" spacer in the rearuploadfromtaptalk1440722655539.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

henryhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the point of a level to get rid of the rake?? That is why I want to level mine.

Yes and no. The term "leveling kit" is often used interchangeable with a front 2-2.8" lift, to bring the front up as high as the rear, but if u tow, maintaining that "level" stance will require a slight rake involving spacers and/or air bags in the rear.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air bags will give you a little extra lift while helping when you tow or haul something.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

The answer to your question is yes. And everytime I see this it makes me :think:

But the problem is people are too cheap to buy a "lift kit" so they use the front level to try and get some cheap way to lift their truck. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Then you start seeing the threads about "can I use 2500 shocks/springs on my 1500 to get more lift" and so forth.

The bottom line is that if you buy a leveling kit, and then the lift the back the same or more..... oxymoron. does not compute.

Its a little different if you buy a 2.5" front, and add 1" to the back because it was too much. But buying 2.5" front level and lifting the rear 3" is a fail. Just buy a real lift.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The answer to your question is yes. And everytime I see this it makes me :think:

But the problem is people are too cheap to buy a "lift kit" so they use the front level to try and get some cheap way to lift their truck. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Then you start seeing the threads about "can I use 2500 shocks/springs on my 1500 to get more lift" and so forth.

The bottom line is that if you buy a leveling kit, and then the lift the back the same or more..... oxymoron. does not compute.

Its a little different if you buy a 2.5" front, and add 1" to the back because it was too much. But buying 2.5" front level and lifting the rear 3" is a fail. Just buy a real lift.

well...that's NICE except...leveling blocks are about $200.00 at most...and a LIFT kit is well over $2000.00 so ya...I'll just go ahead and disagree with you here. :flipthebird: :flipthebird: :flipthebird:

just kidding with the flip off..but I thought it was funny

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You only validate my point.

Why paint match anything or buy black wheels, just plastidip everything because its 10% of the cost and looks just as good!!! No.

Im done with this rant, good luck to you. I know you have beaten the system by saving thousands of dollars and the truck rides better than stock. Enjoy.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

This is an offside comment..leveling and lifting are 2 VERY different things.

I put a leveling kit on my last truck because I wanted the truck be level. I didn't change out the wheels/tires and it looked good.

I had no desire for a 4" or 6" lift on that truck. I wanted a bit of extra height, I wasn't being cheap.

I did a level and body lift on this truck because those served a purpose. At the time airbags weren't available for suspension lifted trucks and I tow a fair bit. The way I went I was able to put airbags in and I still got the lift I wanted. I wasn't being cheap. Plus when I go to sell this truck I can always take the body lift off and still have a level. Easier to sell that way. Not everyone wants a big lifted longhorn.

My next truck will be a leveled 1500 ecodiesel. Why leveled? Because I like the classy look of a leveled truck. I'm already planning that build lol. It's all about preference and need.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
To throw it in there some people dont level just to level they do it to clear a larger size tire where a full lift is inconvinient for their uses with the truck, then as soon as you look at the box on these things the back drops making it look like like the ass drags, this is where a small (1-1.5") lift in the back comes into play to bring it back to normal, i do partially agree that if your gonna use 3" spacer in the front and rear it will be cheaper in the long run to get a true 4inch lift that is desinged to keep cv angles and driveshaft length and tie rod angles and so on in check

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Leveling by raising the front looks dumb IMO, like your truck is leaning it's head back trying to look up at something. Drop the rear 2-3" and have an actually good looking leveled truck. 99% of the time a truck leveled vis the front has too small of tired anyways and looks terrible because of that.

The rake makes it look aggressive, when lifting a truck you should IMO keep the rake, or you look like a high school kid who put a body lift on the truck his mommy and daddy gave to him.