Have to make a decision on my '16 to keep or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Assuming you're secure in your job, and given the truck market and the crazy high prices...sell it. You'll get out of it almost even...unheard of. If in a year or two you find that you need one, well, they're pretty easy to find, and the hot market will likely have cooled. Continuing to pay monthly for something you aren't using, AND having it continue to lose value at the same time would make this an easy decision for me.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's why I posted this. I rally hate to get rid of a good vehicle, but not like it not replaceable. FWIW, company will let you drive personal miles. Wife and I were discussing it this morning. We're going to weigh the options. If I put it in the garage, I know what will happen, my kids will think, hey I need to haul a bunch of crap, dad's truck is just sitting there.

The personal allowance makes it a no-brainer. If the company allows you to drive personal miles, then get rid of your truck. Very little benefit in keeping it and making payments on a depreciating asset you'll get little use out of.

This is the best time to sell and the worst time to keep.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We were talking about it some more, think the decision has been made to sell it as soon as the company vehicle comes in 1st week of May.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We were talking about it some more, think the decision has been made to sell it as soon as the company vehicle comes in 1st week of May.

Looks like we could call that a "for sale" sign for interested members or friends.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like we could call that a "for sale" sign for interested members or friends.

Absolutely not. If anything, I may trade it for an SUV, something that will tow my trailer but be a little more nimble for running around. But definitely not listing any ads for private sale.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i pulled the plug on the 99 ram and hunted until i found the 14 i bought last year ..low miles, well kept etc. my rationale was to get this paid off before retirement and have a much more solid and reliable vehicle then .

none of my trucks have been used alot, so i can def keep miles low between now and then.

Thats exactly what I am doing. I got a screaming deal on my RAM Classic in July 2019. It stays in the garage and is given a "Sunday drive" every week or two. Meanwhile my old 2004 Chevy takes the daily wear and tear. Economically, the timing is perfect for me. I am 57, and I will be retiring just as the RAM is paid off. I look forward to driving into retirement with an (almost) new RAM that's paid off.