HD Polish review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoamskilet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a chance to finally mess with HD Polish courtesy of David F. and 3D Products review program. A quick description:

http://www.3dproducts.com/HD-Advanced-Polish.html

IMG_6952.jpg

HD Polish has been scientifically designed to produce a dust free, swirl free, deep, high gloss paint finish.

Using NANO Technology and super micro abrasives H Polish is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.

Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly.

This product is Body Shop Safe, containing no silicone or fillers. Safe for use on fresh paint and soft clears.

Amazing hologram and marring free results on all paint colors including jet-black/dark colored paints.

Easy on and easy off.

I'm trying it out on my 2007 Dodge Ram that is in the process of getting prepped for winter. I will be doing a full correction on the entire vehicle, but for the purposes of evaluating this product I tested it on one of my doors without any compounding so I could see how much defect it would remove on its own. Application was done using a 5.5" flat white Lake Country foam pad on a Rupes 21.

The weather outside today isn't being cooperative to get good defect shots, so I'm making due with my garage lighting. Fortunately the paint is in pretty good shape but has a fair amount of light swirls and scratches that you can find if you're looking for them.

Before:

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

After:

IMG_7002.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

I had a hard time capturing the defects in pictures....they were much easier to see in person. I'd have to say overall it's quite a nice product. It easily took care of all of the light defects with little effort and left the paint with a nice gloss and smooth as a baby's butt. The only defects left were a couple of deeper ones that I would have no expectations of this product or any other in it's class to take care of. I'll have more pictures in a full write up of the detail when I'm done and the weather is nicer.

Pros:

Bottle is just fine. Sharp packaging with a good spout (easy to open/close with one hand)
No noticeable chemical smell
Easily took care of the defects that I would expect it to
No dusting
Very little effort in removal
Leaves a nice glossy finish

Cons:

None that I can think of really. It worked as expected and I would have no trouble reaching for this in the future for light defect removal and/or cleaning up after compounding.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hey thanks for taking the time. I really like Menzerna myself, but it looks like this is another menzerna clone? Low or no dusting and no gumming? For the life of me I cannot get meguiars to work for me but menzerna works perfect everytime. megs gums me up every time. I'd rather deal with a little dust then gum.

OP
OP
H

hoamskilet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a big fan of Menzerna as well. I did not notice anything gumming up at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So I use a Rotary and it literally takes two passes for the diminishing abrasive to remove swirls and diminish without Gum and a little dust. Can you tell me how easy this was to use with the DA? How many passes? What is this on the abrasive's scale and what does it finish at? I use Menzerna IP and I would say that is a 3 that finishes a one, removes most swirls and is a last step before wax, IMO. Would you rate this about the same?

OP
OP
H

hoamskilet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think I used more than about 3 passes on any section to achieve what I felt was reasonable of this polish. The few spots that it left behind I would have to reach for more of a compound to get rid. It would probably compare more to menzerna's final polish. Wipes out light swirling and scratches quickly and leaves the finish ready for a wax or sealant

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for taking the time, nice work. I was disappointed with HD Poxy (fillers and durability issues), but this looks like a different product. Might consider picking some up when they run a sale.

OP
OP
H

hoamskilet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem. I haven't tried proxy. Only other HD product I've used so far is nitro seal. I thought that stuff left an amazing finish bit was a bit of a pain to buff out after applying the second part. After discussing it with a couple other though it looks like I had just applied it a bit too heavy