He Me Figure Out Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Vellenga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have noise that I can't seem to trace down on my '05 Ram 1500 4.7L 4x4. It happens at various times while driving for no obvious reason. I can sometimes get it to happen when it has already started while cruising along when going up a slight rise by giving the truck a little more gas so the engine rpms go up slightly, but not really enough to speed the truck up. It is like a repeating rattle similar to what I would think the fan blade rubbing against something would maybe sound. I haven't been able to get a recording of it yet, but I have experienced it since I got the truck 2 years back or so. I have checked the fan for anything loose of evidence of it rubbing anything or anything loose there. Everything is tight and there are no witness marks. I have spent a lot of time lying under the truck trying to move things and rattle things with no success. I am pretty sure the noise is from the front of the vehicle, and part of me thought it was the dust guards behind the bearing assemblies, but I just did the bearings and replaced the one that was completely rotted and still have the noise. I wish I could describe this better, but I am hoping with this attempt that someone might have a suggestion as to what it might be.