headlight switch diagram 98 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1963

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I need a wiring diagrom of the 98 dodge 2500 headlight switch, the ones i find all they want me to do is sign up for some stupid video money thing that i dont need.

my problem is this, when i pull the switch out to turn on my headlights. well the headlights come on. but nothing else, no dash lights no tail light, no running lights. nothing, brake lights an blinkers dont work either.
but ther is a very very fine spot in the switch that if i pull it jsut a little bit an very slow I can get it all to work. but thats it.
I have replaced the headlight switch so its not that. i know theres a short somewhere i jsut dont know where.
i am hoping i can put everything on a seperate toggle switch array an just do it that way.
buyt need the wirign diagram.

Thanks for any help
Rick

OP
OP
R

Rick1963

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have put 3 different switches in it so no it’s not the switch. All do the same thing. Think I said this

2genben

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998, 2001, 1996
Engine
Magnum 5.2, magnum 5.9
I have put 3 different switches in it so no it’s not the switch. All do the same thing. Think I said this
Hey. What ended up being the outcome of this? Did you solve it?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
He probably won't answer, only those two posts back in 2019, and he hasn't been back on here in a year and a half. My money is on the headlight switch, new is spelled NEW not GOOD