Headlights engage 4WD actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drivunn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any idea wht turning headlights on would engage 4WD actuator? Installing Morimoto LED headlights in 2007 4x4 5.7 hemi.

Car running in park in 2wd. Turn headlights on and 4wd actuator starts cycling under truck while 4wd selector light flashes with each actuation. Turn lights to park stops the actuator and flashing. No flashing or actuation with lights off. Turn lights on again and actuator/flashing starts lights on only. Hibeams have no effect.

Lights off flashing/actuation off. Replace headlights with stock ones and everything is fine. Retailler and Morimoto closed over weekend so no tech help til Monday. Thinking this may need Dodge expertise since lighting guys may not have familiarity with circuits.

OP
OP
D

Drivunn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update. After 5 business days with no response from Headlight Revolution I requested a return authorization. They responded in 15 minutes and I took the Morimitos back on Monday afternoon. On Tuesday am HRs tech dept wrote to say I needed a pulse width modulator. Too late …I already had ordered a set of Auxito leds and Axiom lenses. Will see what happens.

OP
OP
D

Drivunn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Conclusion: Raxium Axial LED DRL lenses with Auxito H13/9008 leds working great but had to get SIR IUS LED H13 canbus decoder on Amazon to stop periodic flashing lights. Auxitos had no affect on 4wd selector.