Heated Mirrors Blow fuse for Blower Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13foxtrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I am working with a 2001 1500 5.9 4X4 Sport

I have searched threads and couldnt find a solution

Everytime i hit the switch for my heated mirrors (mostly by accident sense i figured this out) it blows my fuse for the Heater Blower motor. I have traced wires couldnt find issues and my switch seems to work fine. Does anyone have any Ideas?????
TIA

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am working with a 2001 1500 5.9 4X4 Sport

I have searched threads and couldnt find a solution

Everytime i hit the switch for my heated mirrors (mostly by accident sense i figured this out) it blows my fuse for the Heater Blower motor. I have traced wires couldnt find issues and my switch seems to work fine. Does anyone have any Ideas?????
TIA

If you recently changed or removed a mirror and then installed it, check to see if one of the wires are pinched, that would do it.

Hope this helps yah out,

Tony

OP
OP
13foxtrot

13foxtrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
If you recently changed or removed a mirror and then installed it, check to see if one of the wires are pinched, that would do it.

Hope this helps yah out,

Tony
Thanks for the reply but I have not done any mirror removal or installation
I saw another place that could be a resistor at the blower motor. Do you know anything about that?

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it pop the fuse instantly or does it take a few seconds/minutes?

If it is instantly then you have a short somewhere?

If it takes a little bit...then your blower motor maybe going bad and drawing to much power.

Just some suggestions.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd be looking under the dash for any smunched wires. It's also possible that there is some wiring on the back of the HVAC selector (where your heated mirror button is located, conveniently) is messed up causing it to short the blower motor fuse. I would also pull the blower motor resistor and check it to make sure there isn't any crap on it.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Check the wire harness too, that comes off of the blower motor resistor and also the blower motor to see if any of the wire are frayed or melted.

Tony