HVAC air not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RUU_HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
I have a 2014 1500 Sport with dual temp zone w/automatic HVAC controls. A couple years ago, I started having intermittent blower issues where sometimes it wouldn’t blow air. Found a burnt fuse and replaced it, fast forward a couple years the intermittent blower issues started again and found another burnt fuse. Replaced it, worked for a day or two with no issues but now it doesn’t blow at all. Replaced the blower fuse again and switched the relay with another identical one but same issue. Blower will not blow air or turn on at all, no matter if I have the A/C or Heater on auto or manual mode, split temp mode or synced. Replaced blower motor, it’s one of those with the resistor built in and a 3 pin plug. Still no air. Used volt meter and am receiving 14 volts when truck running from the plug on the blower motor. Tested middle speed control pin on plug and turned speed from low to high and volts dropped to 3 and back up to 14. Awesome, cool, happy….. but no, lol. Plugged it back in and tested volts again but with the blower motor connected and truck running but now only getting 3 volts. Unplugged it, tested again and getting 14 volts. Plugged it back in again, now only getting 3 volts. Whaaaaaa? What am I missing? Any help or suggestions appreciated!
Thank you all in advance!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RUU_HTX

RUU_HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I’ve read similar issues on this form and watched videos but still can’t figure it out. I will say that I have tried to wiggle the TIPM but it didn’t make a difference. I have yet to completely pull off the TIPM but did lift it up and wiggle the wires underneath but still didn’t make a difference.

ikejones28

Reaction score
Engine
6.7 cummins
Im having similar issues bit i can get mine to turn on by unplugging and re plugging changed tipm wasnt issue changed resistor and few days later stops but can get it going by unplugging and re plugging in test light shows power

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat