Blower fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06caurru

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,
I have a 2010 Dodge Tam 1500 SLT . I’ve noticed my heater hasn’t been blowing as hard as it should be when the dial is turned to max. If I turn the fan control off then up to max, it’ll blow on max for a couple seconds, then back down. Is this the blower motor going bad, or something else?

Also noticed when we had this last cold snap last week (SoDak), my heater just blew cold air even after letting warm up in the parking lot. Drive for 30 miles, and then finally two miles before home, I messed with the diverter knob and it finally blew heat. It’s only done that once. Not sure if the two are related, a coincidence, or a fluke due to extreme temps, but that’s the only time in the thirteen years I’ve owned the truck I remember it doing that.

Thanks in advance.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello,
I have a 2010 Dodge Tam 1500 SLT . I’ve noticed my heater hasn’t been blowing as hard as it should be when the dial is turned to max. If I turn the fan control off then up to max, it’ll blow on max for a couple seconds, then back down. Is this the blower motor going bad, or something else?

Also noticed when we had this last cold snap last week (SoDak), my heater just blew cold air even after letting warm up in the parking lot. Drive for 30 miles, and then finally two miles before home, I messed with the diverter knob and it finally blew heat. It’s only done that once. Not sure if the two are related, a coincidence, or a fluke due to extreme temps, but that’s the only time in the thirteen years I’ve owned the truck I remember it doing that.

Thanks in advance.
You might want to repost this question in the Gen 4 general section for more visibility. But first go to that forum, click on the search icon, type the word blower, then in the search locations click on "this thread". You will find a fair number of hits including this one below. Not saying it is your problem, but could help you as you diagnose things.

Make sure when you type your issue provide information such as if you bought new or used, how long you have had it since buying used (if that), how long you have had the problem, did it all happen at once or different issues pop up randomly, and if you did any upgrades especially in the electrical area or if you recently did repair work like flushed cooling system. There are some things that are unique to Rams like they need a special coolant.

Good luck.