Heated/Ventilated Seat Troubleshooting PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlabamaDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Good morning, went through multiple threads regarding Heated/Ventilated trouble shooting. I have a 2016 1500 Limited with heated/ventilated seats. I can turn on the drivers side heated seat and it will operate for about 10 minutes and then shut off. Once that happens I can only turn on the seat for a second before it turns off again. I recently purchased the OEM element replacement $240 heat/vent for the seat cushion (where your butt rests). Before I completely uninstall the seat and tear it apart to install the element, I decided to disconnect the old heat element and connect the new element leaving it on the floor behind the seat. After about 10 minutes I am having the same issue as previous so it appears to not be the seat element. My thoughts were it was going to be the seat element and not the back element. The passenger seat works great with no issues.

Any suggestions. What other tests should I do before buying more stuff?
Back element
Is there a heated seat module for each seat?

bigdodge

Reaction score
So you plugged it into both seat and back? If so there is a controller for them it goes through.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220215-105048.png
    Screenshot_20220215-105048.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
A

AlabamaDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks. I only unplugged the seat and reconnected the new element. I have ordered the back element as well and then will plan to install them both. Will I have to clear the error code for it to work?