Hella 500FF w/ HID'S How???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i got a set of hellas mounted behind my grill, i just got my h3 hids from ddm in,
anyone know how to install them while still useing the reley that came with the hellas? and can i still use the switch?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You just have to splice it in there haha does that help???

You have to cut the plugs off the ballast and connect them to the power wire on the relay. You can still use the stock hella relay and switch. You just have to determine the power wire going to nlights and splice the ballast onto it.

I'm sure my vague answers dont help much I wish I took pictures of the process when I did it

OP
OP
mxblaster83

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You just have to splice it in there haha does that help???

You have to cut the plugs off the ballast and connect them to the power wire on the relay. You can still use the stock hella relay and switch. You just have to determine the power wire going to nlights and splice the ballast onto it.

I'm sure my vague answers dont help much I wish I took pictures of the process when I did it

so i just splice the current wires i have now, w/ buttconnecters? ground and power?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
basically yes. id solder them together for strength and since their out in the elements but butt connectors work as well. as for actually gettin the bulbs in there, do you know how to do it ??? JJ has a thread somewhere

OP
OP
mxblaster83

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
basically yes. id solder them together for strength and since their out in the elements but butt connectors work as well. as for actually gettin the bulbs in there, do you know how to do it ??? JJ has a thread somewhere

io heard drill a 7/8 hole in the middle, i dont know how to solder so ill just use connecters and elec tape.

Darkknight3829

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
to replace the bulb? you dont have to drill. There is a screw in the back that you just unscrew and the bulb comes right out

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not replacing juat the bulb. Theres different wires and grommet you need for hids

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you do this with Piaa 510 and 540?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley