Hello everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hi there everyone, I'm new here and I wanted to introduce myself before I asked questions.

I'm not good with introductions, starting one is the hardest part for me. It doesn't help with how shy and nervous I get either.

I'm a 19 year old; I have 2 years of automotive education and have been around cars and trucks all my life. In school I worked on a number of vehicles, rebuilt 3 engines, 2 being 350 Chevy's and the other being a 1979 Porsche 928 V8. The 350's ran good but I will never know about the Porsche engine because we didn't have a engine stand for it to properly mount in. Also I learned some welding but didn't get into that much.

As for my family, we never had much money but it didn't stop us from having some amazing cars. Every Friday i used to go to a car show and see some great cars both old and new, like a Ford Model A up to a brand new Mustang with the dealership sticker on the window. The car shows is where I learned alot about cars, and the fact I was raised into a automotive family. My dad would quiz me and tell me things about the vehicles and then ask me later what was what and the differences. As I grew up my interest grew and grew and like a weed I found myself in places I wasn't wanted or told I was too young for. I have always been far more mature for my age than I should be, or atleast I'm told that. Personally I enjoy it, and I can have a educated conversation with just about anyone. I met my first girlfriend late in 8th grade, started as best friends, neither us had any relationships before. We had so much in common it was unreal. So in 9th grade we dated and have had a few issues together but never broke up and are proud to be together. I got her a white gold ring with my mother's permission and i guess you could say we are engaged.

As for vehicles in my life now, that part as diminished greatly.. we had alot of family issues and everything went down hill around 8 years ago. Between moving 9 times and selling each car as we went, (which we started with 8) we now only have one. A 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Indy Official Truck. My mother bought it brand new in 96 and was able to bring it to Lime Rock Speedway in Connecticut. There was about 54 other Indy trucks there I think. It would be cool to find out if anyone here was there as well and whatever stories you may have. I personally didn't go though. Our truck has been a major part of the family and has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever had so far. I myself have done some maintenance on her and recently changed a water pump gasket. We named her Indy for we believe she has a personality. The only time she has ever broke down was where we lived. I can explain more later, It's kinda unreal but we love her.

Well, as for anything else, I could add as I go but it's pretty much irrelevant, I don't normally hand my name out on the internet for understandable reasons I'm sure, but if anyone really asks and I'm comfortable I don't see why not. I enjoy videogames but hardly play them. I love the Forza Series on the Xbox and loved the older Need for Speed games. I think that's it for now. Thank you for reading and have a good day. Also any questions just ask, I don't mind.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to RF.

I too have an "old" soul and most of my life was spent with people usually older than me. Very helpful throughout life.

Enjoy.

Mike V.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from Georgia.

There are many years of knowledge and experience floating around these forums. The search tab has become my best friend these past two days.

OP
OP
IndyRam96

IndyRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you for having me here. Thank you for the replies.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard, Indy. We look forward to hearing from you, and conversing with you.:shake:

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Welcome to the site. There are a bunch of really helpful people on this site. Don't feel like intimidated about your age around here. Who knows you could wind up teaching some of us a thing or two. Enjoy.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Everyone is great here from 5000 posts to 5. No question is a stupid question...literally...

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here.

Tony

OP
OP
IndyRam96

IndyRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you.
I have a couple pics in the members trucks area.