Hello; Here's my Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonkulator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, and thanks for being here. I guess I have a slightly off-beat story:

I have owned a couple of half-tons over the decades: currently I have a '95 Chev 2WD w/t which I have put about 40,000 miles on since I bought it 20 years ago. So, my truck use is very sporadic. However (and bear with me, or go on to anything more interesting), I bought an Audi etron four years ago, which I really like. I mostly drive it locally and charge it at home, which has worked out great. It is a great rig to drive and use. I do longer trips occasionally, and I had committed to the whole charging process, which you have to accept with these, or they will drive you crazy. Lately, the trips requiring charging have taken longer because a lot more cars are using the charging stations than had even a year ago. So, we decided that it would be more useful and practical to get a large enough ICE rig for longer trips (our other car is an Audi A3-etron, kinda cramped for more than two adults, and no AWD.) Our most common route is over the Cascade mountains in WA, so we need 4WD/AWD. After looking at all the options of which rig to replace or add to, we decided to replace the Chev with, for now, a 2019 1500 Limited, which we got yesterday. My long term goal is to get a RamCharger and hopefully replace the etron and the Ram we just bought. The Ram is still at the dealer getting spruced up. My wife and adult daughter (who suggested replacing the Chevy) were blown away with the Ram, which probably comes as no surprise to anyone here.

Cheers to all!

OP
OP
gonkulator

gonkulator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, and just for full disclosure, I was attracted to the EVs because we got a great deal on solar power ten years ago, and I liked the idea of powering my car from the sun. I don't think I am saving the earth or anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357