Hello I'm new here, curious if someone could give me some incite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAttack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
I'm about to purchase if all goes well a 1997 dodge 1500 5.9L. I believe you call them second gens from the reading I have been doing. I probably didn't do enough cause the questions I'm about to ask, have probably already been asked. I was curious as to what Performance chips are out there for it, I've looked and with my luck no matter the vehicle weather its for a jeep, dodge, ford, etc. I can never get the vehicle parts I want unless I'm not looking for that particular vehicle or part. Is this just me it happens to? I'm young and I'm in The Army I work on Tanks, working with my hands is not an issue but I don't have tons of time but I will make time. I wanna build a bad ass machine. Oh also the reason is cause I need to tow a 22 ft Scarab, I would prefer not to be the guy everyone is getting mad at when I'm barely able to do the speed limit. Thank you for reading hope to hear back from you.

Sincerely

The New Guy.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. I believe you can tune with superchips but don't know for sure. Somebody that knows will chime in

OP
OP
M

MacAttack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
Thank you and I didn't realize I had posted in the fourth gen till I had posted. This is my first forum I have ever joined.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thank you and I didn't realize I had posted in the fourth gen till I had posted. This is my first forum I have ever joined.

thanks ok, i didn't notice either (i'm in trouble now...lol) I will get it moved to 2nd gen

OP
OP
M

MacAttack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
thank you I appreciate that.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
superchips 3865. or even sct with canned or custum tunes from hemifever.hypertech max energy makes one. i prefer the sct. i have had all 3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca